PA Rabbit Savvy Vets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5030 Carlisle Rd Dover, PA 17315
(717) 292-9669

Dr. Rick Greenwalt is part time but can see just about any pet. I think he just recently joined this practice. He's caring and friendly. I go here most of the time, ani-care is my backup. He neutered my lionhead.

Avian and Feline Hospital
3300 Hartzdale Dr, Camp Hill, PA 17011

Dr. Stern sees a LOT of rabbits and is very good with them. She spayed my rabbit Lucy and also cured an abscess that developed on her chin last year - simply by draining it and having me massage the area and apply some natural ointment. I was very impressed. She likes to use holistic methods when possible, which I was initially skeptical of, but it seems to work.

Now if I could just find a good vet near Chambersburg PA (I moved).

Thanks, I've taken a rabbit to Chambersburg Animal Hospital, but they don't see many rabbits, and I wouldn't feel safe having rabbit surgery done there. I'll have to find out if Best Animal Hospital is more experienced.

Hill St Veterinary Hospital
555 Hill St. York, PA 17403
(717) 843-6060

I take Cosmo and my kitty Dizzy to Hill St. The assistants are sweet, and the lady vet is very nice and explains what's going on with your pet, rather than ignore you. The first time I took Cosmo, we saw a male vet and I wasn't very pleased with him. First because he was very rough with Cosmo which upset me, and second because he ignored me, clipped Cosmo's teeth and sent me off, no instructions at all. However when I took Cosmo for his teeth trimming last month, she was really gentle with him, examined his teeth (scolded me for them being too long :( ), and told me to bring him back every 6wks for trimming.

They also did his neuter for ~$120 I think it was, and $27 for his teeth trimming. :)

I'm in york too. DR. haun is not friendly to an animal or its owner. I took my cat there who had cancer. We eventually had to put her down. Dr. Haun refused to try surgery. Like she wasn't dealing with enough he treats her like a rag doll. Dr. Valles is nice and was good with my cat. She was willing to try surgery but only works in the evenings and they only do surgery in the mornings. I haven't been back there since Dr. Valles put my cat down a year and a half ago. I go to dover most of the time. East york vet sees rabbits too among many other pets.

I haven't been to East York, although they were my first choice when I got Cosmo. The first time I took him to the vet though, they said they weren't seeing rabbits at the time (last year around August), so I took him to hill St.

Took Lucy and Pipkin for a checkup at Best Friends Animal Hospital in Chambersburg. I think I like them better than Chambersburg Animal Hospital. Best Friends has two vets who see rabbits, rather than one. They also offer emergency hours. I asked about having Pipkin neutered, and the vet seemed very confident about it, unlike the vet at the other hospital.

Boy, oh boy am I having a hard time finding a regular care vet for my little Legs since I moved to Philadelphia. U Penn is great I hear, but best just for emergencies, as their regular wellness checkups run in the hundreds (!)

Have heard good things about Ardmore Animal Hospital (but also that they're more expensive than most). I also got a recommendation for a Dr. Dazen in Cherry Hill, NJ at Animal and Bird Health Care Center & Hospital. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

At a visit at Anicare I saw this place posted. It's an emergency exotic vet in lancaster, pa. http://www.lancasterpetemergency.com

Patton vet in red lion, pa also treats bunnies. http://www.pattonvethospital.com

I haven't dealt with either yet(thank goodness). Patton has great reviews. Prices are decent for spay and neuter(I called). They have a video tour on you tube. Looks like a nice place. :bunnyheart

Boy, oh boy am I having a hard time finding a regular care vet for my little Legs since I moved to Philadelphia. U Penn is great I hear, but best just for emergencies, as their regular wellness checkups run in the hundreds (!)

Have heard good things about Ardmore Animal Hospital (but also that they're more expensive than most). I also got a recommendation for a Dr. Dazen in Cherry Hill, NJ at Animal and Bird Health Care Center & Hospital. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

It seems in bigger cities vets cost more. Do a google search.

6108 Carlisle Pike #120, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 (717) 766-5535
Good hope animal hospital. Has good reviews. Pretty expensive though.

Dr. Gloria Goodman
Avian and Exotic Animal Medical Center
https://avianexoticvetpa.com/
3000 Concord Rd, Aston, PA 19014
(610) 494-2811

Dr. Goodman is a small practice (literally just herself, an assistant, and secretary), so she will not have access to many more rigorous tests or procedures, but she is so experienced and well-respected in the area. I only stopped going to her due to a work-related move.

Latest posts

Back