Ontario Rabbit Savvy Vets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=left]This is the vet I used for my rabbits and they are used by a local rabbit rescue group. Dr. Bacon is very good. It is in North Gower.[/align] [align=left]Carleton Veterinary Clinic
[/align][align=left]2137 Roger Stevens Drive,[/align] [align=left]North Gower ON K0A 2T0[/align] [align=left]613.489.2525[/align]

Has anyone here had been to small animal clinic OVC? How much does it cost to spay a bunny and the examinations? I just called campus estate and they quoted me $350+ for spaying, which I can't afford. I hope anybody here can tell me where should I got Olive spayed. Thanks!

Here are some Guelph links from OREO:

University of Guelph
Small Animal Clinic, College Street
Guelph, ON. Dr Taylor
Phone: 519- 823-8830

101-222 Victoria S, Guelph,
ON N1E 5R1 Dr Paul Harris
Phone: (519) 763-9990

Hopefully that helps :)

Thanks for the information! I've decided to get my bun-bun fixed at Rockwood Animal Vet since there's a good review given by the above bun-lover and it's also affordable. I just called them and they quoted me to spay is $121.30 (exam incl). It's also near to Guelph (and I can take a bus for $4). Anyways, thanks for giving me the information! really appreciate it!:bunny19

Dr. Leanne Horsman
Walker Road Animal Hospital
519-972-9000
3016 Walker Rd, Windsor, ON N8W 3R3

She moved from Brack Animal Hospital who have decent rabbit docs, but Horsman is the best! I've been seeing her for a few years now and would hardly trust anybody else with my 4 rabbits!

Dr. Shawn Tucker
Nicholls Animal Hospital 519-641-2999
Oakridge Centre, London, ON N6K 2N1

Dr. Hopper D.V.M., B.Sc
Dr. Lagace D.V.M., B.Sc.
King Animal Clinic 519-434-4287
567 King Street, London, ON N6B 1T4

Have not been able to confirm the following by phone, but have heard or seen on a website that they treat rabbits.

Dr. M. Kenzie
Arva Animal Hospital 519-660-8048
13638 Medway Rd., London, ON N0M 1C0

Dr. Jason Gerena
Clarke Animal Hospital 519-457-7700
1920 Dundas St, London

Dr. Kristina Wiebe Dr. Diane Jongert
Stoneybrook Animal Hospital
620 Fanshawe Park Road East, London, ON N5X 2R1

Riverside Pet Hospital
110 Ritchie Avenue
Ajax, ON L1S 7G5
(905) 683-8080

They were great with my Thumper when he was alive they do teeth trims for about $ 17.00 and the staff are great the rabbit savvy vet there was great with him

I have only had limited experience with this clinic, but it was positive.

Dr. Davis has been neutering bunnies for 11 years and has never lost one. (Dr. Sutton also works with bunnies but we have not dealt with her yet). The vet and tech kept us informed throughout the day of his urgery, called us at home after hours that night to check on him, and asked us to to call in the morning with an update. They also called several weeks later to see if things were still good,how his behaviour waw now, how our momma rabbit and babies were doing, and offered to let us put up a poster in the office if we needed help finding homes for the kits.

I know price is not everything, but they were half of what the next closest (rabbit savvy) vet (Bowmanville) was charging. Pre-surgery check up was $70 something, and neuturing was was $170 something

Oshawa Animal Hospital
670 Taunton Road West,
Oshawa, ON
L1H 7K4

Ph: 905 728 4644

HoneyPot wrote:
Greenwood Park Animal Hospital (Intersction: Greenwood and Gerrard)

http://www.drmunn.ca/

1041 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, OntarioM4M 1Z6

Dr. Munn is the only doctor in the practice and she's fantastic. She has her own bunnies and isextremely knowledagble. She does spays and neuters as well as provide medical care for the Rescue Rabbit organization here in Ontario.

She really knows her stuff and I can't go on enough about how great she is. She explains everything and I trusted her right away with Oliver. Instead of picking him up, she got right down on her knees to check him out because he was obviously nervous.

She was open to hearing about things I read on the forum and about trying new treatments if there was something she didn't think about that someone here on the forum mentioned.

I highly recommend Dr Munn at Greenwood Park Animal Hospital in Toronto!

One thing though, I've seen several posts online referring toDr Munn as "she". Dr Munn is a MAN. I'm not sure who these people have seen.

He knows a lot about rabbit medicine and surgery and is the only one I would trust operating on my baby! :innocent

Updating an old recommendation:

For anyone in Ottawa, if you are new to the area (or new to rabbits) and are looking for a good rabbit vet, I'd recommend Dr. Daren Auger as one of the best in the city. He is the vet I initially recommended here some time ago, but his location has moved. He now practices here:

Carling Animal Hospital
2268 Carling Avenue (at Woodroffe)
Ottawa, Ontario K2B 7G1
Tel: (613)725-3439

http://www.carlinganimalhospital.com/

There is another vet at this same clinic I would recommend alongside Dr. Auger: Dr. Keith Johnson is a co-owner of the clinic and he has treated my rabbits in the past. He saved Yofi's life a couple of years ago after the boy developed a mysterious and rather deadly infection, and I can't say enough good things about this veterinarian. Both he and Dr. Auger are extremely well-knowledgeable with rabbits; when a difficult case is presented neither one hesitates to get opinions from other rabbit-savvy vets if needed, and both of these men are absolutely wonderful with their patients as well as with the owners. They are well worth taking your rabbit to, for illnesses as well as overall general health care.

Dr. Melanie Kenzie at Masonville Animal Hospital is an awesome vet. She is amazing with my bunnies - very gentle, kind, and knowledgeable.

Does anyone know a vet in the Peterborough area that does spaying? I only found 4 in town that spay and the lowest price I could find was $230. :/ If I have to I will take her and pay that, but just thought I would check to see if anyone knows anywhere cheaper before I make the appt :)

Greenwood Park Animal Hospital (Intersction: Greenwood and Gerrard)

http://www.drmunn.ca/

1041 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, OntarioM4M 1Z6

Dr. Munn is the only doctor in the practice and she's fantastic. She has her own bunnies and isextremely knowledagble. She does spays and neuters as well as provide medical care for the Rescue Rabbit organization here in Ontario.

She really knows her stuff and I can't go on enough about how great she is. She explains everything and I trusted her right away with Oliver. Instead of picking him up, she got right down on her knees to check him out because he was obviously nervous.

She was open to hearing about things I read on the forum and about trying new treatments if there was something she didn't think about that someone here on the forum mentioned.

CORRECTIONS:
Greenwood Park Animal Hospital is on the SW corner of Gerrard St E and Galt Ave, 4 blocks West of Greenwood.

There are now two equally Rabbit savvy and compassionate Vets at Greenwood Park AH as Dr Sam Munn (Male, NOT Female !) was joined in his practice by Dr Markus Luckwaldt in 2012.

http://www.drmunn.ca/Greenwood_Park_Animal_Hospital/STAFF.html

Please contribute to this list of rabbit savvy vets in Ontario.

ALSO SEE: http://www.ontariorabbits.org/health/healthvets.htm

Beaches Animal Hospital
2304 Queen St E
Toronto, On, M4E 1G8

416-690-4040

Open 7 Days a Week from 8AM to 10PM

Two of the Vets at BAH treat Rabbits and Pocket Pets, Dr Mark Dilworth and Dr Joanna Coote. I have had my Rabbits seen by each of them for various issues from stasis to tooth trims to bladder sludge. Dr Coote did the neuter on my mature male last fall.

Dr Christine Stubbs at Spencer Creek Animal Hospital in Dundas, Ont. I used to work there & HIGHLY recemmend her. I had both my bunnies spayed & neutered there. One of my bunnies also had a URI, which she fixed. In addition, one of my bunnies has chronic GI issues which she deals with as well.
The new clinic I work at- Copetown Animal Hospital in Copetown, Ont, also has a rabbit savy vet on staff as well- Dr Shannon Lee. I have just started dealing with her & shes fabulous as well!

CORRECTIONS:
Greenwood Park Animal Hospital is on the SW corner of Gerrard St E and Galt Ave, 4 blocks West of Greenwood.

There are now two equally Rabbit savvy and compassionate Vets at Greenwood Park AH as Dr Sam Munn (Male, NOT Female !) was joined in his practice by Dr Markus Luckwaldt in 2012.

http://www.drmunn.ca/Greenwood_Park_Animal_Hospital/STAFF.html

Note: The above is outdated. Dr Luckwaldt is no longer with Greenwood Park Animal Hospital.

Does anyone know an affordable place for spays and neuters in the GTA? Right now Im looking at Rockwood they quoted me 120$ for a neuter and 260$ for a spay. Trying to find a little cheaper at least for the spay..

Does anyone know an affordable place for spays and neuters in the GTA? Right now Im looking at Rockwood they quoted me 120$ for a neuter and 260$ for a spay. Trying to find a little cheaper at least for the spay..

Those prices seem like a bargain to me. I paid just over $200 +tax for a neuter (including a $45 pain control package) two years ago at Beaches Animal Hospital in Toronto. Make sure you're comparing apples to apples. You MUST have pain control meds to go home. Some quotes you get may not include meds.

That said I wouldn't recommend shopping for price. If you don't already have an ongoing relationship with a Rabbit savvy Vet you trust then you need to find the best Rabbit savvy Vet you can locate and afford for any procedure involving anesthesia. There's so much that can go wrong. Your Rabbits will probably be OK but if one of them has a previously unknown heart or breathing issue for instance you want an experienced Exotics Vet to handle it.

My recommendation is Dr Sam Munn, owner of Greenwood Park Animal Hospital in Toronto. He isn't inexpensive, but he is very skilled and experienced and really cares about Rabbits. www.drmunn.ca

Latest posts

Back