Help needed to create and outdoor enclosure

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaturbyfill

I'm Elizabeth.
Reaction score
Hello,

When my husband was little, he got his parents to get him rabbits. It was very irresponsible of them to do this, now that we are living at our own place, the rabbits are kept outside in small hutches with wire floors. They don't have anywhere to nest, play, or anything to chew on, etc. The only attention that they get is when they are fed and the hutches are occasionally cleaned. I think that this is very cruel.

I would like to build a better environment for these rabbits here (there are five, I believe) on a reasonable budget. If they were here, I would make sure they got much more than they currently get. I would like to give at least some of the rabbits to a local rescue I know, but I don't think that they would be okay with that.

I cannot keep them in the house, because I am allergic, which is why I am opting for an outside enclosure. Otherwise, I'd keep them in here.

Does anyone know of a feasible way to do this? I really want them to be in a better environment. They are very sweet rabbits, it's sad that they have to live like that. I want to help them.

Please give me any ideas or links to building plans, etc. that could help my husband and I help these rabbits. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back