English Lop/Dog Kennel

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine618

Reaction score
I am still researching. But I am debating pros and cons, of getting a house bunny!. An English lop, my question is- what size of Dog Kennel? Would be good for a adult sized English lop? If I get one, he will be around 9 wks old. I would get him neutered. I would let him roam the house. But I would Kennel him, at bedtime- or when not at home.

Thanks for all Input :):juggle

I'd say get the largest size you can fit in the space you have available and that will fit in your vehicle should you need to take him and his house somewhere. I have two buns (one ~3 lbs and the other ~5 lbs) in a 42 inch dog kennel. I added shelving to it that consists of laundry shelves from home depot and cutting boards supported with dowels and it is pretty spacious in there for them, but English lops are big rabbits so bigger is better.

"At bedtime or when not at home..." can vary greatly depending on the person. If you are often not at home (if you work 40 hours outside the home or just are out alot) then I would suggest either a larger cage or attaching an x-pen to enlarge bunny's floor space.
English lops are big bunnies!

I don't know what kind of schedule you keep, but there are many people who are really only home for a few hours before bedtime. That would be a relatively short time for bunny to spend outside the cage. So if this is similar to your situation, I would suggest an expanded area for bunny to be.

Thanks for the replies, I do work 40 hrs a week. But my roommate would be letting the bunny out also. We work different shifts. Sorry for the late reply- I was involved in a, hit and run. Had to have an emergency surgery, nothin serious. Just got home today. Anyhow the bunny I was interested in- she gave me an 8 hr time period o pick him up. Which, I wasn't able to do. So she went to the next person on the list. Oh well, in due time the right bunny will find me . :(

Latest posts

Back