wooden crates and willow baskets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikamc

Reaction score
Went to AC Moore today to get ideas for hay racks, came home with two, untreated, made in the USA wooden crates and a willow basket that appears to be untreated, but is made in China. I can post pictures if need be, but do you guys think these will be ok for my bun? Even if I don't use them for hay, I'm sure hoping she'll choose to chew these instead of my clothes...

If you know for sure they are willow and are not treated.
Baskets are prone to "critters" and are often treated with something to keep them away as they are often used for food products.
Perhaps you can contact the company that made them to know for sure.
Cardboard boxes make great toys and distractions.

If you know for sure they are willow and are not treated.
Baskets are prone to "critters" and are often treated with something to keep them away as they are often used for food products.
Perhaps you can contact the company that made them to know for sure.
Cardboard boxes make great toys and distractions.

It doesn't "appear" to be treated. like it's natural wood color and feel. there really isn't a company on the basket. There is on the crates so I'll email them. She currently has little interest in the card board boxes. she has four different sizes:-/

Unless you know the "lineage" 100% I'd be very leery of them and err on the side of total safety--also very leery of any thing from China as the first thing they do after a contract is secured is to try and make more profit by addition of questionable substances like the "baby formula" that killed a dozen or more---truly think the number was higher as they really believe in "adjusting" the news. We were in Beijing for the Olympics and the smog was so bad you couldn't see the tops of buildings even though there had been a ban on trucks and busses and burning coal for months and our guide said she was "told" tocall it FOG. One thing ours really liked was fresh cut Apple branches--they were from my own trees so there were no pesticides or any other substances.

Latest posts

Back