New Bunny/ Old Bunny - personality change?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

__DD__

__DD__
Reaction score
So i've recently gotten a beautiful female Doe, sadly she hasn't had the best of life, but I am building her up and she had her first vet appointment todat - which went better than I thought.
Eventually i'd like to put her with my buck ( When he is neutered), and since then he seems to have become a lot more affectionate! Not that i'm complaining. He demands petting, follows me about, he even graced me with a lick, not only that, he now comes when called! Is a personality change normal?
They haven't been together ( for obvious reasons) , but he has pretty much the run of a section of garden, and she has the other section, so i'm sure they've had a whiff of each other.
Will the neuter change this at all?

Hey I understand what your saying I was really against nutering my boy bun for the longest time because I have heard it can change their personality. Until I rescued my girl bun and she was spayed and was calmer she did not have the spraying issue so I got him done at a good place and his personality never changed. He still is the affectionate little guy.... your buns age may play a part in it the teenage years are rough and the year my bun turned 3 he mellowed out and suddenly became more affectionate. When I got my 3rd bun added to the group (spayed girl as well) my boy bun was even more affectionate. For the neuter I would be shocked if it altered your buns personality if anything you should end up with more kisses!

My favorite benefit to neutering a male bunny (other than the lack of babies) is the fact that their urine smells 150% less awful (granted, my bunnies live in my bedroom flush against my bed). If he is an adult, I doubt it would change his personality, but if done young, it will make it easier to litter train them too!

Neutering and spaying never changed any of my rabbits' personnality. It did have a big impact on overall cleanliness, though - especially with the males. I lived with the rabbits in my room for 5 years, and I agree that living like this with intact rabbits is just awful.

Oh, one more question! ( Promise!) I hve noticed he seems to make more weird noises recently. I would say it's a grunt, mixed with a squeak - it's incredibly cute, but I have no idea what it means! He tends to do it more when he's grooming or when he wants attention.

Latest posts

Back