Another poop question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovinLops

Reaction score
My 12 week old Holland lop, Annakin, has been passing some strange stool. It isn't soft or anything, in fact it's quite solid. It's rather dark, but what concerns me is that it seems to be fragmented. He is still passing regular poops, but a great deal seem to come out looking like small peices of a cocoa puff instead of the whole thing. Is this a cause for concern?

You mean its dry and crumbling? The poops really just depend on the diet, eg: lots of hay means lots of fat, light, crumbly poops, while more veggies means a darker, more compact version, both are healthy.

Pipp's are often fragmented because she only eats veggies and a few pellets, no hay. What is Annikin's diet?

sas :bunnydance:

Ani eats Timothy hay, Nutrena pellets, a little cilantro, and that's it. He seems to be acting like himself, I just noticed the change and thought it was worth mentioning. I read that when a bunny produces pieces of poop it could mean dehydration? Do you think that's a possibility? I wouldn't really know how to rehydrate him if that were the case, because I can't force him to drink more (or do anything, for that matter) and I feel he's too young to introduce any other greens. Should I put a picture of his waste so you can see what I'm talking about?

Sure! Go for putting up teh picture- I think that would really help. Are you refering to cecotrophes? (Grapelike looking clusters of beneficial droppings the bunnies "recycle" and eat)

I can't seem to figure out how to post the picture from my phone! I'll try from a computer tomorrow. And nope, not cecotrophes, was already sent into a panic when I saw those for the first time lol.

you can upload the picture to tinypic.com and then get the IMG code from there.

Latest posts

Back