Comfort Safety Harness w/ Stretchy Stroller

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one for my smaller bunnies, and I HATEit! If the rabbit pulls backwards it can pull the velcro off and theonly thing that is still attached is the buckle and then they start tochoke themselves. I suggest the ones that buckle on both parts of theharness :)

~Amy

When we first got Floppy, we almost choked himto death with one of those. It looks like a great idea, but it has tobe really tight around the neck. We wrestled Floppy into it (he hatedit from the first!) and he promptly back out of it, so we tightened theneck, which caused him to panic and start choking. I remember screamingat my fiance to "get it off, get it off!" and Floppy was freaking out,wiggling and struggling making it even more difficult to release him.Needless to say, it's never been used again.

Elf has one, but yes, I've noticed she can slip out of it as well. I prefer a cat harness.
LonelyHearts0041.jpg

Mocha has one of these. She kept trying to getit off. When we finally got it to fit, she started trying to groom itoff. The real problems were with a puppy harness. She freaked out whenthat was put on her.

I bought one for Devon and one for Amber. I haven't taken them home yet, so obviously I haven't used it.

Ihave those too, and though I don'tlove them, I don't really hate them. I don't particularlylike having them outside on harnesses at all anymore, because I findthat they can wiggle out of pretty much anything if they put theirminds to it - I think it's because they're such smallbunnies. Instead I have two puppy pens that I connect to givethem a huge area to run around in outside. I feel like it'ssafer than the harnesses (though they're incredibly expensive - Irecommend ebay), and it gives them more freedom to runaround. I don't have any pictures of the pens... I'll takeone the next time I have them outside in them.

I recently ordered those harnesses online too.I've only taken them out once in them so far. Calvin doesn't reallymind it and is pretty good with it on but Jordan's a master escapeartist and completely wiggled himself out of it! Thank goodness I sawwhen he first started to fidget so I was able to catch him before he'dcompletely gotten out of it!

Hi, Ijust boughtan extra-large harness for my 2 month(plus a week)fawn Flemish. This morning I put the harness ( comfort s.h.w/stretchy stroller) on the buck and took him for a little walk. He didgreat and didn't seem to mind it at all:D. He doesn't runaway when allowed to roam freely, but I prefer to have the pen set up,since I don't want anything to happen tohim. He ran and took little leaps("binky's" ?? ) while I ran to keep up with him !When I began to take the harness off, he struggled slightly, but Ithink that was partly my fault, since I wasn't sure about what I wasdoing, plus the velcro took a while to "unstick". Ibought the harness at Petsmart . I don't shop there much, but I wasactually looking fortwo extra-LARGE water bottlesfor my Flemish pair ---they really finish off theirwater bottles in a hurry.

Kadish Tolesa :run:

Pandaboy has one of these, Slipping it on was a hassle, but didn't take as long as expected.
He is so small I had to buy the ferret and cavy harness.
He seemed comfortable in it when I took him outside to hop around and had a good exercise-hop around with it.
I'm a little worried about the hook and loop that connects the harness to the leash, it doesn't look sturdy, so I'm going to reinforce it with some other material.
And the velcro is a bit annoying...

the harness and leash are an O.K, If you find anything better, let me know.

Latest posts

Back