Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > The Rabbitry and Show Room > Doe dies giving birth.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
pamnock

Liked 43 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Vertex or breech presentations are both normal for rabbits. I've seen them get "stuck" in either position.

nockrabbits.com

Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
majorv

Liked 328 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 156

If this happens once to a doe then are they more at risk of it happening again? I have a Himalayan doe who has had a couple of litters, but this last time she had two born dead at 35 days. It looks like one of them might've been stuck in the birth canal because it was unusually long for a newborn. They both had cuts on them, like maybe she was trying to pull them out. Her litters are normally 5-6 kits, so two is unusual. The doe seemed to be fine and Ibred her again, but now I'm concerned it could happen again. Could she still haveunborn kits still inside her???

Old 05-18-2011, 04:41 AM   #13
rabbitgeek

It's a bummer when that happens.

I had an American Blue doe that died on her first litter. Her Grand Champion Certificate arrived in the mail a few days after.

Have a better day!

Old 04-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #14
Jazuniga92

My doe went into labor today and gave birth to a live kit in the proses of giving birth to her second kit she died 😩 Now I'm trying to care for the baby but I don't know how much or how often to feed it could someone help please

Old 04-24-2017, 12:28 PM   #15
majorv

Liked 328 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Were you able to feed it? It will be very tough to hand rear it if you can't find someone with a nursing doe to foster it to. There are recipes out there to feed newborns with. You can search this site also, to get it.