my cat lastnight brought in a...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifoundababbybunny

Reaction score
Well my cat lastnight brought in a baby rabbit butit can run really fast because it was playing dead and my cat lostinterest so he ran off as fast as he could and my cat followed but mydad managed to catch the rabbit my dad held the rabbit for just a fewminutes so i could go get the big glass container from downstairs wheni put him in there he (or she) looked uncomfortable so i got some oldwhite tee shirts and spread it out on the bottom of his cage so hewould'nt be so uncomfortable and he is alive because he jumped out ofmy hands this mourning but we managed to catch him again but he isnteating the lettace we put in his cage so i really dont know what to doplease help me!

Greetings Ifoundababybunny,

Release the rabbit back into the wild and keep the cat in the house for a couple of hours.

Since it's eyes are open, its probably able to make it on its own. Aglass container is very unhealthy for the rabbit. Rarely do wildrabbits survive in captivity. It can run back to its nest and probablyfind its mother, or is fine out in the wild.

Most areas require a permit to keep a wild animal. It's illegal to keepthem otherwise. If the eyes were closed, best to call a wildliferehabilitator in your area, if not, let the little one go since youdon't know where its nest is. (The mother of rabbits don't stay neartheir nest because that would be a dead-giveaway to predators thatbabies are there. The mother and baby could reunite.) Chances are highthat if you keep it, it won't survive.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. Be strong!

-Carolyn

oh ok :(i guess that that would be the best for the rabbit, well thanks for the advice i really appreciate it!

Dear Ifoundababybunny,

I applaud your efforts in trying to help, but it really is for the bestfor the rabbit. Keeping it wouldn't be fair to the little one.

Do something really nice for yourself. You deserve it.

-Carolyn

Well i just let the little rabbit go at least i know i did the rightthing thanks a lot for the advice!

:dude: Good Job, Ifoundababybunny!

I know you really wanted to help the little one, and rest assured, you did.

You may even see your little friend running around. :)

Wild rabbits tend not to stray too far from their burrows because theydon't have the stamina to run long distances if they do come across apredator.

You definitely did the right thing.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back