Protecting furniture

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambisu

Reaction score
Does anyone having any suggestions on protecting corners and edges of couches from bunnies? I have been hoping to find some sort of stick-on plastic guard or something.

Our bunny for some reason has a particular affinity for the couch. There a bunch of other pieces of furniture I wouldn't care if he chewed on, but of course he chooses the brand new couches.

I don't have suggestions for protection, but would like to offer a behavior modification alternative. Squirt bottle. Keep one handy and be vigilant when your bunny is in high a risk area. The moment bunny starts chewing, give him a good squirt or two. It deters bunny and he also doesn't associate punishment with you.

This does not work in 100% of cases, but I have had a good success rate.

They have some stuff in the cat department that is like double stick tape - put it where you don't want them chewing and they might stop, but you run a risk that they might eat it........ I'd do it when you can supervise them well.

Latest posts

Back