I need help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl54

Reaction score
i have had my bunnies bonded they were great together and they used to spend every Saturday together all day i bonded them from the start but now all of a sudden my male hates my females my females are terrified of my male an di am out of ideas i started the bonding process over 3 weeks ago thinking it was a minor thing i switched there liter boxes hideouts everything to different cages every day for 5 days they did well so i started putting then close to each other with a gate in the middle they did great they moved on with there day no thumping or anything at each other so after 8 days i started trying to put then together very slowly starting with the carrier and as soon as the female walked onto the carrier floors my male attacked now this carrier i just bought never been used or claimed by any of the rabbits so i thought that it would help but no it did not i want them to be able to have playtime together but i am so afraid they wont please HELP me! :cry1::pleaseplease::pullhair:

but my male gets along with my other 2 females ( both under 5 months) he only disagrees with the other 3 females he was bonded with

Sometimes rabbits just decide they don't like each other any more. Are all of your rabbits spayed/neutered? Have any been spayed/neutered recently?

Sometimes rabbits just decide they don't like each other any more. Are all of your rabbits spayed/neutered? Have any been spayed/neutered recently?

no none of my bunnies are spayed or neutered and maybe they have just stopped liking each other thanks :)

They were not bonded, kits get along fine usually.

Now they are in puberty, maturing. Now that they are not kits anymore they need to establish who's boss, etc., some chasing, fur pulling, humping etc. is quite normal at that age, but serious fights that leave one rabbid mangled and dying can occur in seconds (but that is more likely between males).

When your rabbits are over 4 months:
Do not put the male in with the girls again, until 6 weeks after he is neutered - they are old enough to breed! You could end up with 40 more rabbits in no time!
I don't want to make you nervous, but being grumpy to a buck is the normal thing for bred does to do. Watch your does the next month, and read up on how to deal with pregnancies...

Oh, just reread your post, it's kind of hard to read for me... - so they were never together, just close, well, that's not exactly what bonding is, I think.

Anyway, maturing rabbits, males and females, not having their social hierachy established, hm, let's see if someone comes up with some ideas.

There's a lot to read on that topic, here, and on the net, like:
https://www.thebunnychick.com/2013/11/19/7-ways-hurting-rabbits-chances-bonding/

if an unneutered male is ATTACKING a female... I'd be double checking that it's a male. MOST of the times males won't attack a female, but females will attack other females and sometimes males.
if he's looking at mounting her.. well then he wants to have babies.

Latest posts

Back