is this normal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucylocket

Reaction score
hi all

just to tell you all

with the weather getting abit warmer in the uk i

thought lucy might want to go outside

but no

we can have every door open and she'll not venture outside

is this not a bit strange

varna xxxx

Has Lucy been outside before? She may very welljust feel safer indoors, where "her territory" is already firmlyestablished. Is there any reason you want/need her to go outside? Ifnot, I'd be inclined to just give her the option w/o forcing it. Shemight want to explore, eventually, but she may just wish to stayindoors where she's comfy. :}

As a personal anecdote (and I seem to be incapable of posting anywherew/o one ;} )... Meat Bunny seems to enjoy being outside once you puther out there, but on her own, she seems to be content with putteringaround inside the house. Keep in mind that Meat is less than a year old& isn't always given free run of the house... but that's mypersonal experience, for what it's worth. :}

I would agree with Alice. Lucy might be more comfortable if you hung outside with her for a while.Be sure she has a chair, table, bench, box or something she can go under and feel less vunerable for attack from above from real or imagined raptors.

She would hug a wall before running out in the open and sit in the bushes before basqueing the the sun. Leave her a little box as a "safe house" to retreat into and you may see more action.

Buck

I agree too the outdoors smells different towhat she knows as home. Have you tried carrying her aroundoutside so she can get used to the different sounds and smells?

Latest posts

Back