Ew Ew EW Naughty Benjamin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
Well......... here is the short story Benjamin sprayed and I ended up washing my hair and hoodie.........

Here is the long story...

We were cleaning out the playhouse ( sweeping up straw, hay and poop) and had Benjamin running around, all was well until Benjamin decided to spray on his box and fling it all over me :grumpy:

Emily just ran off screaming and I just sat there trying to get Benjamin back in his cage without moving so my hair wouldn't touch my face,

I had to go was my hair and my hoodie and we have thrwoing a party in half an hour AHHH

So I'm sitting her in a bra and trousers and with a towel over my head :shock:

Benjamin needs to be nuetered SOON :X

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've been sprayed! It really is awful too. The smell is just more disgusting when it's on you! :vomit:

This past May at my Spring Youth Fair, I was feeding/watering Mississippi, and my sister was caring for our other bunnies. Karlee had gone off with her parents to look around as she was already done. I bent down to do something at Sipp's cage and he sprayed right then! OH MY GOODNESS! BLECHH. The smell was awful, it got all over me, in my mouth :vomit:eek:n my face...oohhh and this was in the morning! I had to go the whole day smelling like rabbit pee! I was freaking out and I wanted to go home and change, but my mom said no! :( ughh I can still remember how it felt having that in my mouth.....blechhh. So, if anyone ever asks if I've tasted rabbit pee, I can unfortunately say yes. :(

Emily

I feel for you. I can't tell you how many times the un-neutered boys at the shelter have either sprayed me or peed in my lap. Eeeewwwww! And why does it happen when we have a potential adopter there saying how adorable the bunny is?

We had so many young bunnies in the shelter this summer and it is inevitable that as you are standing in front of their cages petting them and talking sweet they flip around and spray you right in the face! Gross!!!

We only have one unneutered male at the shelter right now and fortunately, he has been a very good boy. He is being neutered in another two weeks, so we only have to get through two more!

Hate the unneutered male smell! That is terrible too!

Oh ewwwwww! But I can't help giggling, even just a little. Guess he's officially claimed you as his. Makes me so glad Buttercup is scheduled to get neutered in just a few weeks.

Mississipii always sprays! Especially at shows when he is on the show table! We have learned to stay far back! lol. Other people aren't as lucky though!

He doesn't show any more though so we don't have to worry about that!

I have to laugh at the kids at shows when they stand behind bucks and get sprayed....:p I don't even bother warning them, they will figure it out once they get sprayed and hopefully they'll have learned their lesson. I stand about 4 ft away, and sometimes I still get sprayed....I wish the cages had backs on them, cuz we'd like to hear what the judges say without having a perimeter!

Emily

I feel ur pain, When I was at Petco with my hamster for a hamster ball derby, I was holding his ball waiting to race and he peed in the ball so I was standing there watching the race with pee in his ball and on my hands. Talk about gross pet moments.

Ewww, bad Benji. :(

I've been sprayed by Winston also, and it's gross! But that was only once.

And yeah BlueSky, at shows little kids get sprayed often. Hehe, because they stand right behind them, so it's bound to happen. And I usually stand back at least 3ft, maybe more..

Boys these days... Tisk Tisk..

Karlee

Yes, been there, done that... one of our show Hollands, Magellan, decided to spray the judge... she scolded him verbally but I swear he had a smirk on his face.

My other two bucks, Peanut and Winslow, did the "spin art" machine when they sprayed... they would whirl around and fire!:grumpy:

Still, with empty cages here right now and still searching for my Checkered Giants, I'd be happy to dodge a spray meant for me.

Denise

I'll miss that pungent smell. My only boy, Benny, was neutered a week ago. he never ever sprayed me but we'd always know where he had been. The first time I ever saw him spray was a few days after the op. He was so thrilled to be outside after a few days confinement that he jumped up into the air and spun aroundspraying all the way - NICE

firstly-eww!

secoundly-do all males do that? it's been a year and Jamie never has(and is not fixed), nor has he gone on me execpt for one time when he'd been away from his litter box for a really long time.

Latest posts

Back