time to replace the potty...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furryface

Reaction score
no...not mine....Lola's! :biggrin2:

she's currently got your basic square kitty litter box....the problem is....she's desructo bunny!

she chews, tosses and flips it all over the place!

is there anything I can do to keep it in one spot?

I looked at Petsmart (pretty much the only place to get bunny gear in town) and I saw the little corner ones that are supposed to lock onto the cage but she's got a NIC cage.....I don't think it would fit the bars....

we tried gluing on an metal bookend (flattened of course) on the underside....that worked sorta.....

just took her longer to figure out how to flip it!

Bungee cord around the box. I used on for a bit with Penny as she would move the box and pee where is was.
Maybe putting a NIC panel on once side is the box is boxed in and can't be moved.

I couldn't find a picture of what I'm talking about, but at the rescue they use large metal clips that you can buy at hardware stores. It works perfectly for the bunnies who insist on relocating their litter box. :D

Put a whole in 3 corners of the litter box. Put it up against the cage where the holes are and use un-folded paper clips or similar to tie it to the cage bars.

hmmm...I think she'd probably chew the bungee cords....but the clips just might work....for the moment ( we are kinda buried in snow..so running to the hardware store is gonna have to wait! LOL) I"m gonna give the paperclips a try!

thanks!

off to outsmart a bunny.....:biggrin2:

We've done this with ALL of the buns' litterboxes.

You take a medium-sized binder clip, clip it on the edge of the box, and then stick one arm of the clip through the cage, and use a different kinda clip to hold it to the cage bars. Works with foodbowls, too, though in a bit different fashion.

Behold...pictures of both:

The litterbox from inside the cage:

000_2175-1.jpg

The litterbox setup from outside the cage:

000_2172.jpg

Picture of type of clasp we use:

The foodbowl setup:

000_2170.jpg

Hope that helps! :)

Latest posts

Back