Does anyone else's rabbits do this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dquesnel

Reaction score
Well I was wondering if this is typical rabbit behavior as it is hilarious and too adorable.

When I give my Chloe a piece of carrot he picks it up and runs around the room several times with it in his mouth before settling down in his favorite place to eat it. Even if I give it to him in his favorite place, he will exit his pen and do the laps before settling again.

It looks so adorable seeing him bounce around with the carrot in his mouth. I haven't seen the other rabbits do this to the extent that he does, and he is also mostly blind too. He only does this with carrots.

I will have to get a video sometime, he looks so joyful when he does it that I have to hold back from giving it to him more than a couple times a week!

I have one rabbit that does that but it's partly because her cage mate steals the food from her mouth so she runs off to a secluded corner to eat, lol.

Bebe does that when I give her a certain treat. She will run back and forth in her cage, undecided where she wants to sit and eat the treat. :foreheadsmack:

Pebbles will grab the treat and run to her litter box where she will sit and eat.

Baxter does that all the time, especially with carrots. He grabs the treat and then runs frantically in circles at least three times around the cage before settling on a place to eat.

Zeke has recently done this a few times too. I think he's learning the behaviour from Baxter.

My other 4 bunnies take the treat and retreat to their safe place. Either the litter box or under the shelf.

I think it's funny when they do the little "I'm so happy it's breakfast time" dance when I give them the pellets in the morning.

--Dawn

Toby does this, too. He doesn't run laps, but he will grab the treat from my hand and run to an area out of my reach and eat it. I think that's because we normally give him a treat and pick him up to put him in his cage at night...

I love it when they do this! It's so cute! :)

Nibbles does "victory laps" with mini-carrots, sometimes with lettuces she especially likes, too. She cracks me up, because I just gave the food to her, so hey - I'm not planning on taking it away! ;) Sometimes she runs off to eat her treats "in secret" - which is also hilarious, because she makes sure that I can see her "hiding" and eating.

Banana is different, though. Usually I break off a piece and eat some of it myself. She loves crawling up onto my lap to take her bit from my fingers, and then licks me like mad. She has to get every single remaining molecule off my fingers. :D

Archie does this too! His food bowl is near the doorway, so he is fine eating pellets and drinking, but when it comes to veg he picks it up in his mouth (no matter how big it is) and leaps over all his junk to eat it inside his tent. Its so cute, its usually a bit bit so he has to hold his head up to stop it dragging.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Latest posts

Back