My First Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If the title hasn't given it away yet, I'm new to this. I honestly have no idea what's going on or if I'm doing anything right. I had someone recommend this to me so here goes.

My name Is Kendall. I am 18 years old and live in Chicago, IL. I have one brother and one sister. I'm the lucky middle child. I grew up in a smallish town in Indiana and moved to Chicago at the age of 15. I have three dogs and 2 buns at the moment. I currently love the Walking Dead(go Daryl!) and comedy movies.

I'll start with my buns. I have two does and they mean the world to me. My first doe I got from a shelter. It was love at first sight. I had already gotten a cage and had done handfuls of research. As soon as they told me that her past owners had let her roam freely around the house, my heart sank. I knew that she was used to a free life and was going to spend the rest of it in a crappy cage. Although she was used to plenty of space, she was already litter-box trained. That was a plus because that way I could keep her in a large enclosure with a litter box and not worry too much about messes. She is 2 3/4 years old and is a dutch/silver fox mix. She is unique and I love her.

My second doe I found at the same shelter a few months later. She is only 5 months old and a little dwarf. She is the smallest, softest thing I have ever felt. Although we have only know each other for a month and a half, we have bonded. Right now she is still a bit shy and mysterious, but has one characteristic that really gets me. Sometimes she will hide away in her 'cave' and stay there. if i go to pet her she'll give me a warning sign like no other. She wont bite or squeal. No, she oinks! Its a mix of that and a grunt, but makes me laugh each time. I can't mimik it to other people and when I try, they think I'm crazy!

I also have three dachshunds. A miniature, 3yrs old, and two long-haired, 2 yrs old. The are loud, obnoxious, and annoying, but i love them. I got them from breeders in Indiana and sometimes, I wish I hadn't! Ok, so i exaggerated. I love them to death and they keep me warm at night so we are even. Oscar is a chocolate dappled while badger has red fur and a black nose and his brother, Jasper, has creamier fur and a pink nose.

That's it for my first blog. I can't upload pictures right now, but I really hope i can soon! I hope I continue this and have loads of fun doing it. Thanks for sticking around long enough to read this. I'll see you all later! :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

My husband and i had a weinie dog a few years ago, she was a mini short haired red. She was originally my mother in laws dog and boy did she hate me! I wasn't to fond of her either. She was a glutton and it was a constant battle to keep her out of all the other animals food and the garbage. She got hit by a car and didn't make it, poor thing.

What are your buns names? I have a dutch, she's a nut.

I can't wait to see more updates and hopefully some pictures! We love blogs here, i know i do!

Kendall, welcome to RO, you´ve come to the right place for anything bunny related and we´re all bunny mad on here.

Your two sound lovely and I´m sure they´re very lucky to have found a home with you. I laughed at one them grunting at you. Mine do that occasionally when I do something they don´t like or don´t want me to do so I know to stop doing it and leave them alone lol. We all love to see pictures of everyone´s elses bunnies so that would be great.

I have a friend who has two daschunds a black one and a chocolate one, they are so friendly and funny.

Glad you decided to do a blog, you´ll enjoy it so much, we all enjoy reading them and it´s a great way to keep a record of your girls.

Hi Kendall! :) welcome to RO! This is the best place for bunny lovers, were all crazy over bunnies here ;)

Your two do sound sweet. That is funny that one of them grunts at you and sounds like a pig, it must be so funny to hear. And yes, have you decided on any names for your two yet?

Your dogs sound so cute! I love daschunds.

And that's great that you started a blog. We all really enjoy reading them, and its nice to be able to look back at everything that's happened.

I can't wait to see pictures. I bet they are adorable!

Latest posts

Back