For the Love of Curls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is Ariadne's FIRST birthday! Hooray! In 5 days I'll have had her and Theodore for one whole year. It has been such a privilege watching this little girl blossom. I started fostering her mother and siblings when she was only 5 days old, and officially adopted her at 6 weeks old. She has done exceptionally well and has developed her own bossy personality. She LOVES to be pet, and tolerates handling for short periods of time even though she isn't too happy about it.
Here are pictures of her growth, she has changed quite a bit!
71de2177-f02d-43a0-b663-a0f3788f3802_zps977490e7.jpg

And a full body shot of her today :D
374bd6e4-db4d-4bdd-95ad-cc73fdb8fcad_zpsef548ee2.jpg

Congratulations!!!!!
&
Happy Birthday, Ariadne!​

:woohoo:party:​

May you have many more healthy, happy birthdays together!

Last edited:
I´ve so enjoyed reading this and seeing your beautiful girl...she certainly is unique and I love the birthdays pics although she really was amazing when she was tiny, that fur was so unusual.

Here´s to a happy first and many more to come. I hope you´ve bought her a tasty birthday cake lol.

Look forward to seeing more of her and Theodore, those videos were so good. :birthday

Congratulations on the year anniversary and Happy Birthday Miss Ariadne!!!!:bunnydance::balloons::woohoo

Is her fur still curly? It looked like in the one photo that her whiskers are still curled? It was also interesting to see a bun in molt for the first time.

I just did some quick looking on the web and came across some curled fur buns and info. They call these buns astrex rabbits which is any breed of rabbit but where curly or wavy hair is produced. It is due to a mutated gene. some buns fur loses it's curl or wave some retain the curl or wave for life. it seems to occur more frequently in the rex breed but can be found in all.

Aww, just read through your blog! Ariadne has an exceptional coat. I've never seen the likes of it before!

Anyways, happy birthday Ariadne!:balloons::party::pinkbouce::sunshine:
Loved reading about you and will be watching for more updates!

Last edited:
She did indeed lose her curl, but her coat is still strange. She has kinky whiskers and the guard hairs above her plush coat are kinky too. She also gets a wavy when her face molts and her coat gets wet with water, but that might be a rex thing. She's definitely half rex and half lionhead, she is just SO soft!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed reading about her. I do miss the lamb-like curls she used to have, but I have so many pictures and videos that I can relive it whenever I like. I love that she is so soft now :).

As an update, she has become the top bun in the pair. She likes to herd Theodore away from me when i have food, and luckily he doesn't seem to mind. Theodore is absolutely adorable. I love him :D

In fact, here are some pics of Theodore!

IMG_0256_zps48225978.jpg

15f09ab8-a6e2-4646-8bb0-5754eea578e9_zps7a2f3304.jpg

ad772052-e473-42b6-b229-bda61615558c_zpsfd4b1cec.jpg

IMG_0254_zps23628491.jpg

Awww, he has such a sweet face and I love the pic of them both together. I´m amazed looking at these and the earlier videos of how much Ariadne has grown, he was enormous by the side of her when she was a tiny curly bundle.

I love the one in the cardboard box as well, sleeping bunnies are just too cute.

I know right?! She used to be tiny and follow him around everywhere. Now she's twice his weight and pushes him around (when there's food involved). I love watching those old videos of them <3

Honestly, when you look back, it´s difficult to imagine how small she used to be and how much bigger he was. She was a little curly wurly, I had to go back and look at the video again, it´s just unbelievable the change.

Wow, just read through your blog. Ariadne is an amazing rabbit, it will be interesting to see how her fur progresses still over time. Her and Theodore are a cute couple :)

Latest posts

Back