Dislocated Knee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
Took my bunny Harper to the vet yesterday after about 2 days of seeing him limping. They came to the conclusion that it was dislocated most likely from injury (jumping on or off of something, which is what he likes to do...). They popped it back in but it popped right back out...So now the poor thing is resting and on pain meds. My other bunny stays right by his side all the time too. Everything seems normal besides he dosent come running when I get out his treats but he is eating hay and such...anyone else ever see this and have any tips or anything?

I'm kinda surprised your rabbit is free to run if his knees came right back out (is it in place, now? Because if not, it would need an operation). I would have thought he would have to be immobilized (in a small cage or a pet carrier) for at least a few days... In any case, I wouldn't let him move around much or you're risking a new injury. At least, it's good he is eating. It means the pain meds are doing their job ^^.

Vet just said rest and meds for a few days. He wanted to try that because the knee popped back in but came back out so he said he might need surgery but said that it's risky so to try meds and rest first. I feel horrible seeing him like this and I'm scared I won't be able to afford the surgery but 8t might have to happen.

Latest posts

Back