Anyone else clip nails today?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinaBun

Sponsor
Reaction score
Nanning, China and Mountain Home, Arkansas
It took three of us, but Qingqing's nails gotclipped! And no one got scratched, either, though I have a tear in myshirt that may or may not be new. (It's an old shirt.)

My Qingqing doesn't like to be held, so clipping time is not a funtime. I had invited two of my former students over for dinner and amovie and a nail-clipping. I caught her and held her down, while mystudent (I teach university students) Melody held out a leg and mystudent Nancy cut using pet clippers. Melody also petted her head tohelp calm her down. ("Her" being Qingqing, not Nancy!) Qingy recoveredquickly from the indignation and within two minutes was eating a carrotfrom their hands.

It was easier this time because we had experience, and there were threeof us, and I was wearing gloves. :)I told the girls I wouldsee them again in six weeks. They live an hour away by city bus, soit's not easy for them to pop by to see me. I treated them to dinner atKFC. This was special for them, because most students don't have enoughmoney to eat at KFC or McDonalds. We watched the movie "Beauty Shop",which they picked out of my collection of DVDs. I like Queen Latifah.Then I gave them taxi money (US $2.50) to go home, since we finishedthe movie after the last bus to their part of town.

I guess I'm tooting my own horn here. Ignore me! But I feel betterknowing that she can prance around the apartment on shorter nails. Andthis doesn't have to be done for many more weeks.

Nancy

I know how you feel. It can be a job and halfdoing the nails. We really need to do our rabbits, especially Valuran,but have been so preoccupied with the upcoming birth. No excuse though!

Three of you against one poor little rabbit. How unfair!

I bought a new pair of nail clippers today. I am trying to muster the courage to try them out.

It took me over 2 years to figure out a way thatI could manage to clip Mocha and Spice's nails on my own and I finallyfigured it out earlier this year. But last time I did it, I took mylittle storage tower outside to put the bunnies on it so I wouldn't gethair all over the house and Spice jumped off the tower and took offrunning down the rabbit run. And Mocha bit me quite a few times andeven drew blood once. It was not pleasant!

Funny you should ask. I was going to try to cut Devon's today, but time got away from me so I will probably do it tommorow.

Wow! Bunny boys! My Qingqing is a scratcher, nota biter. I guess I'm lucky. She's drawn blood several times when herback legs have gotten me, but she's only bitten me out of curiousity."Hmm, what's this? I think I'll bite it and see!"

Slavetoabunny, yes it does seem unfair! Poor, helpless creature. (Me, I mean.)

Nancy

Mocha used to bite me all the time but thatstopped a year ago. Since then he has only bit me 2ce that I remember.Once when I was sprayed him for trying to attack Eli through the wireand when I cut his nails. Ok it was more than 2ce but only on 2occasions in the last year. Mocha just doesn;t want to me made to doanything. He's a spoiled brat!:D

My bunnies are getting increasingly rebeliouswhen I clip their nails. I still manage to do it on my own though, butsuffer scratches each time.

Latest posts

Back