Bunny injury

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I feel absolutely horrible! We are going onvacation for almost two weeks starting Friday and I took Bunny and allof her stuff to my friend's house while we are gone. Theyhave a rabbit that is a little bigger than Bunny. When Bunnycame out of her carrier their rabbit, Sugar, was all up in Bunny'sbusiness and they smacked each other around.

We separated them right away and now Bunny has a cut above hereye.Her eyeball is not damaged at all but above it,its like a little flap of skin torn and was bleeding a little and iskind of puffy now. She seems otherwise physicallyfine. She's eating and drinking and is moving around in hercage. My friend is going to keep a close eye on her and keepthe two of them separated. Should she put anything on it? Wethought a tiny bit of neosporin.

I can't tell my husband because he would totally freak. I amhoping she heals by the time we get back. My husband hasbecome very attached to Bunny.

When Pristine and Iszy got in a fight I put peroxide on the punctures. All wounds have since healed. :)

Hope Bunny feels better soon.

Will your friend be letting Bunny and Sugar out together while you areaway? Since they're not bonded - might not be a good idea tolet them out at the same time incase this happens again.

We have decided it would be in the best interestof everyone that Sugar and Bunny do not square off again. Sheis going to give them separate floor time. Sugarlives on their patio in a cage and Bunny's cage will be in theirlivingroom.

I saw my friend at work today, we leave tomorrow morning, and she saidthe cutlooksgood and that Bunny's eye was a littlewatery but seemed fine. She did put a little bit of neosporinon the cut and Bunny wasn't pleased with it so shegotfloortime and enjoyedsome craisins.

I have to say it was really sad to come downstairs this morning and nothave Bunny there to greet me:(Thank goodness she is only gone because of vacation. We arehaving my mother-in-law come feed the birds, cats, and guinea pigs butthought it would be best to have Bunny with my friend and her family soshe will get plenty of attention and love.

Definitely a good idea to keep them separated, especially whereas the one has a cut.

Keep a close eye on that "puffy" eye. There could be an infection brewing if it hasn't gone down.

Would give your friend your vets name and number and personally, I'dinstruct her to bring the rabbit to the vet if the runny eye andswelling remains.

Eyes and infections are nothing to mess around with. I'd put warm compresses on it and watch it Very Closely from here on in.

-Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn. She did say it lookeda lot better today. I gave her all the info for our vet aswell as a note letting the vet know she is authorized to make medicaldecisions. I also called the vet and let them know what isgoing on.

Sounds like your friend knows about bunnies.

Definately seperate play time and good idea to leave vets numbers handy too.

Have a good holiday and I hope Bunny is ok

My friend just called me this morning and toldme that Bunny had died during the night. I am done.Thank you for having sucha wonderful site with excellentinformation it really came in handy for the time that I had Bunny.

*sob* I'm so sorry about Bunny. So much bad news.

________
Nadia

Oh no! I am truly sorry, I of all people can understand your hurt and shock. We just went through this on wednesday night.

It just breaks your heart and hurts so much that your chest aches.

My thoughts are with you, if you need someone please PM me or email me.

You poor poor bugger, I cannot tell you how sorry I am, this just tears you apart.

:tears2:

Please check your PM I have left you my email address, My heart goes out to you and your hubby.

Latest posts

Back