Snow bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvaje

Reaction score
With winter quickly arriving here in the South (Texas)..
I am curious if anyone has a house bun that loves snow?
Last year just before Christmas we had snow here in Dallas.
Salvaje has run of the house and access to the yard via doggie door
so he got his first taste of the snow...
He loved it! He was binkying about and then he woudl just thrust his face right down in the snow.
He had snow all over his whiskers and ears!
He flipped and frolicked around for about 20 minutes.
Then he came in and Mom gave him a good soft towel rub down .
I never knew buns could love the snow so much.
Just curious if anybunny else out there has a snow story :)

Salvaje looks so handsome in the snow with hiscoloring. My bunnies have never been in the snow - they havealways been beach bunnies. I'd love for them to experiencesnow sometime.

I let Snuggy play in the snow one day last winter and she loved it, too:

SnuggySnow.jpg

ECth_SnuggSnow.jpg

Love the pics!!!!

I think its time for bun ski vacation...LOL

I am hoping to have snow so MeatHead can havehis first touch of snow. I know that our dog loves the snow and shewould burry her self in the snow. I will be going to the dollar storeto get one of them retractable leash so MeatHead can have more run thanthe normal leach size.

Last year we wanted to take the buns out in thesnow, but figured the temperature changes might be bad for them. All 8buns are year-round house buns. Sooooo....we filled a plastic containerand brought it inside so they could investigate in comfort. Somewhereon the forum, there's a pic of Benji checking it out.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing those!
Kodak easy share web site is giving 20 photo cards for signing up.

You can use any pic and just pay 3.99 shipping for 20 photo christmas cards.

I should get mine this week.
Check it out it maybe something you want to do

JimD wrote:
Lastyear we wanted to take the buns out in the snow, but figured thetemperature changes might be bad for them.

Hmm... good point JimD.

Does anyone else think the temp change will be bad? Cookie isan indoor bun as well, but I would love to let him out in the snow oncein a while, but also not sure about the temp change.

Any thoughts?

As long as you don't keep them out there. Theirfur is insulation for them. Just a little half hour romp won't have anyill effects. Just make sure you don't leave 'em alone!

Salvaje really seems to prefer the cold...and myroomie has 1 cat that will stay outside when its real cold (they have adoggie door).......
The main thing I was worried about was him being wet from burying his face down in the snow and flopping in it........
He really doesnt like the toweling off....
Oh yeah and the snow boots he hated those....:shock: (kidding)

Latest posts

Back