Tumours in rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foofy

Reaction score
Hi, only just joined this site today so do not really know what I am doing at the moment!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of tumours in rabbits?

My rabbit Crunchie has had a lump removed from her mammary gland and itwas malignant. She has recovered well from the op and has tohave her stiches out next week. The lump was sent off to betested. My vet says I have to keep a close watch on her tomake sure she gets no more lumps & bumps. I wouldlove to hear from anyone who has had same condition in their rabbits.

Pam

Thanks so much for your story of Baby & Magic they both looklovely. It has cheered me up so much! My vet has said thatthe lab tests confirm it looks like they took away all the tumour asthere was healthy tissue surrounding it. I am just hopingnothing ever comes back.

I think she is going to be such a spoilt bunny now along with her mate benjy!

Thanks again, will try and put a picture of my two Bunnies up when I figure out how!

Welcome to the forum, Foofy,

I have heard of more than a few rabbits that have had tumors and oncetreated by the vet and having it removed, they rabbits lived a full andhappy life.

I know people who have confused absesses for tumors as well. Absessescan be lanced and drained. The puss inside would be a thick texturesimilar to cheese. You'd would have to be cleaned out with hydrogenperoxide and treated with an antiseptic Most times, this has to be donedaily so that it is cleaned from the inside out. Also have come acrossfolks who thought that hairballs were tumors.

Obviously neither of those were the case with you, but I thought I'd mention it for others reading about tumors/lumps.

Good for you for catching it early and being proactive.

Keep us posted on how Crunchie is doing.

-Carolyn

Carolyn

Thanks for the welcome & reply. If I had known aboutthis forum I would have joined ages ago. Only found it by chance when Iwas looking for info on tumours in Bunnies yesterday. So glad I foundit, think I will be a regular visitor now!

Hopefully I have just attached a photo of the recovering Crunchie, taken out in the garden this afternoon.

Phew! Done it with a little bit of help from my husband! Anyone got anyideas as to what sort of breeding she may be? I have no idea,don't really know how old she is either as I got her from the RSPCArescue centre. I have had her for about 2.5 years now.

Latest posts

Back