Crust on nose?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
[align=center]
tumblr_m7h6jwa9FD1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

click here to see the image enlarged to see more details.

Now, Solara hasn't shown any sign of sickness. No sneezing, coughing, or wheezing. She is not showing lethargy or anything either. She seems to be her normal, feisty self.

I picked her up to brush her and clip her nails and she blew clear liquid on my arm (two small drops) from her nose silently. Then I took a close look at her nose and it has white crust around the edges, and the middle looks like it has scabbed? and in between the split of her lips, on the right one, there's a red line.

I'm thinking allergies?

She has never shown sickness before and this is very random. Neither of the other two have shown any of these signs (Sabriel has a runny nose /sneezes sometimes but the vet has found nothing wrong and he seems healthy otherwise. None of the others have picked up on it.) And Stark shows no signs of this either.. though they have never come in contact.

Thanks in advanced!
[/align]

It possible a piece of hay went up her nose & irritated it. I'd gently wipe the crust [dried snot?] off with a moist tissue or unscented baby wipe. If it comes back, think of plan b.

I'd say maybe allergies, except from what we were told, white discharge usually is a sign of infection. Charlie didn't have any other symptoms for a long while while she had occational bits of white discharge. I'd monitor it and if it goes on maybe get it checked out.

Is there any mucus on the forepaws (basically the inside of the wrist area, where they rub their noses when they groom).

If she's not showing anything else I'd probably give it a few days in case she just got a piece of hay up there or something. If she gets any worse or there's a lot of mucus, take her to the vet to check it out.

No mucus on the forepaws at ALL. The liquid that came out of her nose was clear- otherwise she has not had a runny nose at all. her nose looks better.

Only weird thing is- she's apparently been peeing outside the litterbox! I am SO mad!!! I dunno how long it's been going on but I am seriously infuriated and I want to cry. She litter trained so easy and it all went down the toilet I guess. My parents are going to be pissed.

re litter training loss: How old is she? Could puberty be setting in?

PS--Is there a way you could use type that wasn't so small?

Sorry, I like the small font : X

She's two years old. Was 'spayed' by the Humane Society when she was six months old... but since she (most of the time) is such a mean, anti-social, poorly litter-trained rabbit now.. I'm starting to think the spay was a fail or something.

:(

If she isn't mounting everything she can, I'd think she needs more interaction with humans. Rabbits hardly ever are mean unless they're afraid or sick.

She probably isn't using the box because she is not feeling well. Could be the beginning of an upper respiratory infection or even a bladder infection . I would watch her closely and possibly take her to the vet.
Rabbits hide their illnesses until they are very sick.

LakeCondo wrote:
If she isn't mounting everything she can, I'd think she needs more interaction with humans. Rabbits hardly ever are mean unless they're afraid or sick.

she mounts sabriel and silas a lot and when they mount her (they are neutered 100%) she squeaks all weird.

i try to interact with her but she seriously does NOT like it at all. i've tried everything to get her friendlier because she used to be SOOOOO sweet. but as soon as her spay was over and she was bonded to sabriel (which she isn't any longer because he broke his leg) but she just won't be nice anymore. trust me, when i say i tried everything, i mean everything from calming medicine to not even touching her and as SOON as you move or something she grunts and runs or nips and ugh.

i don't think she is sick... she hasn't had the crust since (and it was the first time- like the others said, it was probably just hay or something in her nose) and she has been mean for over a year so that would not indicate sickness.

also, trust me, i've known MEAN rabbits who had NO reason to be mean and i have known people who owned mean rabbits who were not mean for no reason.

every rabbit has their own personality and that personality can be mean without a doubt.

Latest posts

Back