O/T hurt feelings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_jack

Reaction score
I dyed my hair a couple of weeks ago andeveryone says its nice even hubby prefers it but everyone in securitythat i work with keep coming up to me and saying i prefer the oldcolour :(. I'm probably over sensitive but do they not thinkbefore they speak?

i wasnt at 1st but am really getting used to itthat and its close to my natural color so its more like im being myselfinstead of a fake blonde. I hate men! (sorry not meaning tocause offensive) they can be so tactless at time.

The people who saythey dont like it probably have serious issues with change! :p I knowthat when something randomly changes I get really nervous. So maybethat might be part of it, its just different for them :) Dont worrythey will soon like yourhair

~Amy

thanks im not some monster that expects everyone to conform with me...just be a lil sensitive lol :D

I know how you feel though. Years ago, I cut allmy hair off in this really cute pixy cut, that I could pull off backthen. One of the guys I worked with stopped dead in his tracks and says"What did you do to your hair? I hate it!" It made me cry and feelhorrible!

Some people just lack tact.

I think Iam a little too sensitive!Morethen most people,maybe thats why I have hair down to my hips :pYour hair isprobably really nice looking :) Atleast your not like my friend whothought her hair cut was so bad that she wouldnt let any one see it fora month and would wear a hat 24/7

~Amy

I was going to say the same things asAmy. She's right. Sounds like your Security staffis a bit afraid of change. Personally, I think the closer youare to your natural color, the better you look. Icongratulate you for having the courage to go back to your'roots'. Once people get used to it, if you changed it backin 6 months, I'm sure many others would say, "Why'd you goback???"

Try not to let it get you down, although I understand why it ishurtful. Remember that you and your husband like it andyou're the two that have to live with it. The comments willsoon stop as they get used to The New You.

I also wish some people would think before they speak, butunfortunately, they don't. Know in your heart that the peopleclosest to you would be honest if they didn't like it (especially yourhusband) - and you'd sense it immediately if they weren't. Itmust look pretty darned good if the majority of the people in your lifelike it. Don't let the few turkeys that don't have enough ofcommon sense to be tactful get you down. Think of the goodthat has been said.

Hold your head high. You Look Marvelous, and you and your husband know it.

Chin up!

-Carolyn

thanks guys you are all so great esp ucarolyn. I like the security guy who just said it but urright perhaps its just the change thing. They have known mebe blond for 2 years and its just a shock for them?

I'm certain that it's that they just have toadjust to the change, black_jack. One of the many departmentsI work with is a full Security staff and I know how they canbe. Sometimes they just say things to tweek each other, anddon't always know when to keep their mouth's shut or when they've gonetoo far. I've seen it with this Security staff and manyothers.

Let it roll off you like water off a duck's back.

The more comfortable you are with your choice, the more quickly they'lladapt to the change. In the meantime, ignore their comments as much asyou are able. I'm sure that in 2 weeks, things will be'normal' again and the same people that 'didn't like it' will becomplimenting you on it. Mark my words.

Remember, your husband and your own heart are the most honest opinionsyou can receive, and the two of you like it. Enough said.

:)

-Carolyn

Its not yourproblem they cant seem toget control over their mouths , Ifyu are comfortable with the colorthen tell themto shut up . Or YOUcould always ask them aquestion I asked a girl at work , Do YouEver think before Youopen your Mouth ? This Girlhas worse habit of saying whats on hermind worse than I do, BUT the problem with heris she is condesending ,

Dont let them Hurt Your Feelings justblow them off as ignorant and not knowing anybetter . Either that or get one of thefake Purple wigs andwear it to work and ask themIS THIS BETTER!? I was thinkingof doing it permenently ,lol that should shut them up.

Don't worry what other people say. Ifyou like it, nothing else matters. I'm really sensitive, so Iwould be feeling the same way. I did my hair a couple ofmonths ago and a friend, who once had a bad dye job that resulted inpink hair and I didn't say a word (and she has her hair dresserlicense), offered to "fix" it for me. I was really upsetbecause I liked my hair and like you, it was really close to my naturalcolor. Try to ignore those people who are justignorant. Unfortunately people often don't think before theyspeak.

Jen

Latest posts

Back