Fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tootie

Reaction score
I purchased a 3 yr old rabbit during Easter andrecently noticed square patches of fur loss. He's brown andwhite with velvet like fur. Could it be he's shedding, newhome, stressed? :?

Can you post a picture sowe can see what this looks like ?kinda hard to understand whatis going on with square patches.

Sorry about the delay, my pic was to large and Ineed to find out how to fix it. As soon as I find out I'llsend you a picture.

Thank you.

He looks likeMini Rex to me andthey're known for getting bald patches, especially behind their ears.Mine did when I brought him home and it grew right back.

Thank you. I didn't know for sure ifthe pic went through. This is all new to me, but I've alreadyfeel in love with him. I bought around Easter of this yearfor my grandson.

It could very wellbe from stress , the new moveetc , he certainly is apretty bunny , and does looklike a Rex , If your suretheres no fur mites Iwouldnt worry about ithis fur should grow back. From what Iunderstand with Rex's theystress a bit more easilythan most other rabbits , andare prone to hair loss poorbabies.

I don't know about square patches, but one of mybunnies recently started losing patches of hair and because my littlegirl bunny died next to him I thought it may be stress related. I tookhim to the vet who confirmed it was a mite and it offen starts due tostress but it wouldn't go or get better without treatment. When Ilooked in the fur at the bald patches there was a kind of dandruffseen.

I its of some help!

No worries ;), He's just in molt.

About this time of year, nearly all my Mini Rex start blowingtheir coat. As a matter of fact, 1/2 of them are in itnow...lol.

Keep up on his grooming / brushing and make sure he has plentyof Timothy hay available. This will help prevent any furblock.

Latest posts

Back