Bonding ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorkysMom

Reaction score
I've been putting the boys and Oreo together inthe playpen we have made for them. They seem to be doingok...No fighting, just lots of umm...shall we say..humping for lack ofa better word. They do this for a few minutes off and on andthen they all just lay down and chill, I've also seen them grooming oneanother.

I was wondering how long should I continue like this before trying toput them together. I have a 3 level NIC mansion I've builtthem...

Thanks!

Sounds like it is going well according to this link (I think Buck posted)

From http://www.rabbit.org/behavior/index.html

Talk the Talk
Know bunny body language, and know what behavior is helpful to thematch and what is not. Positive behavior in the beginning stage may notinvolve contact with the other rabbit but occur in his or her presence.It includes all relaxed behavior: resting quietly, stretching out,flopping, happy mouthmovements and purring. Grooming, eating anddrinking are positive, even if the o ther rabbit is not (continued)participating. Mounting the other rabbit is positive, unless the otherrabbit has an extreme reaction to it (squealing or attacking).Generally, mounting means "I want you." This is a good thing.

Thanks! ;) Yeah, I think its goingwell...but wondering if I should wait til after they are neutered toput them all together for good (she's spayed)...of if I should continuelike this until then...or even just for awhile while she adjusts as shejust got here last nite. Cage I have her in is a bitsmall...so I'd love to get her into the bunny mansion!

Thanks again!

So no ideas on how long we s/ keep introductionsshort before trying to move them in together? Hmm...I justdon't wanna go to fast and have it backfire!

It will help to have them all fixed beforetrying to put them all in one cage. So far, it sounds like they're allgetting on well though, so I can't see youhaving any issueswith them.

The mounting is mostly a dominance thing, not sexual. They need to establish who is the "top bun" in the herd.

Oreo is fixed..the boys will be here in the nextweek or two....maybe for now I'll just continue to keep em used to eachother by play sessions in the evening....I hope to have a bigger cagefor Oreo this weekend..then I will feel better about it...Hers now isjust small cuz she's bigger than I thought..and I feel bad leaving herin there!

I know what you mean. We have a smaller cagefrom when Abby was a baby. Now we just have it in storage, but haveused it when theyneeded to be separated, such as after theirsurgeries. Actually, we used the base for it to block off behind thelove seat for a long time. Got some use out of it!

Latest posts

Back