does anyone know what type of rabbit this is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valiscool

Reaction score
does anyone know what species this rabbit is? Someone told me before, but I forgot.

geena14.jpg

That is definitely an English Angora! It must take an incredible amount of grooming:shock:. Is it your's?

Lissa

That's Chu's "Geena", a tort English Angora. Betty has some stunning Angoras and has won many national conventions.

The Giant Angora has very similar wool in length and type, as well asthe French and Satin. But the French and Satin don't have thehead/ear trimmings that the Giant and Angora do and require more guardhairs in the coat.

All the Angoras require a lot of work to keep them well groomed (we doAngora grooming and shearing). I think the worst to groom isthe Satin Angora. Due to it's finer diameter hair shaft, thewool is softer and matts very easily.

A blower is required to groom the coat -- they are not brushed.

Pam

ARE YOU SURE THAT IS A RABBIT?

holy! I laughed when I read that post since I thought the same thing,you know your click on the title then wait a moment whilst the compgoes to that post and BOOM there is a teddybear looking right at me! Ireally have to get out more !

Cher

Iszy.bmp

I think my Iszy is half English Angora, half Netherland Dwarf.

hmmmmmmm i cant see any pictures at all???? not even lissas...

oh never mind, i can see the "rabbit" it has the cutest face under all that hair though!!!!

What the ......, wow, I have neverseen anything like that before. I had to stare it forawhile to figure out where the eyes were.WOW! It's a funny looking rabbit but very adorable.:)

Lissa wrote:
Iszy.bmp

I think my Iszy is half English Angora, half Netherland Dwarf.

Lionhead. A English Angora x Netherland cross would not havewool as that particular wooled gene is recessive. ANetherland x Lionhead cross would have wool as the maned gene isdominant.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Lionhead. A English Angora x Netherland cross would not havewool as that particular wooled gene is recessive. ANetherland x Lionhead cross would have wool as the maned gene isdominant.

Pam
Her papers indicate that she has English Angora and Netherland Dwarf in her.

Latest posts

Back