Pet Stores

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rescue I help out with does home checks for most adoptions. I was a little nervous when we adopted from them, but it ended up fine. All they wanted was to make sure we had rabbit-proofed any rooms the rabbits would be allowed into, and to see the pen we had set up for them. They were able to make a couple suggestions, based on our specific rooms, and to point out a couple things we had overlooked at first.
It was just to make things safe for the bunnies, and for us, they didn't really care about anything else.

slavetoabunny wrote:
We have a horrible pet store here in town that is known to sell sick rabbits and does not give any bunny care info (even though we have left packets with them).
The pet shops in town were very bad this Easter.

Because our local breeders refused to sell and supplyrabbits for Easter, the stores had rabbits shipped in from Eastern Canada. Many bunnies werevery smalland young, and the stores charged anoutrageous $75.00 (normallya bunny costs$39.00). One clerk was boasting to me that they just sold three rabbits.

16lgtqg.jpg

2n00ojo.jpg

luvthempigs wrote:
polly wrote:
As a breeder I always make very sure that people undertsand that if they do not continue to want the rabbit they got from me then I want it back and I do not expect it to go anywhere else!

Have you had many people return rabbits to you after having had them for a long time?

I'm just curious, I think it's great that you offer them this option for your bunnies.

So far I have only had one bunny back the girl lives with her mum and her mum found mice droppings in the shed where his food and hay were kept so she told her she didnt want him there anymore. I have taken him back BUT her and her BF want him once they get their own place.

I also take the buns I breed and sell back for MOT's and rabbit sitting so if they need any guidance we give it then. I get lots of emails, txts and pics of buns I have sold not all of them but a lot :D

Thank you all for your relplies so far. I was just trying to get a general feel for what everyone thinks, because like I know in the dog world if you buy a puppy from a pet store you are often considered a horrible person. All of my dogs, however, have come from either a reputable breeder or were ones people didn't want.

Right now my options for the rabbit are adoption, pet store, or a reputable breeder at a show. If I did get it from a pet store it definitely would not be an impulse buy. A lot of thought is going in to this and even I don't feel a connection with any of them then I won't get one, bottom line. It could be a little while before I get it but I'm just doing as much information gathering as possible right now. We're sort of changing the house around right now so its kinda messy and so I definitely won't be getting one until all that gets situated. Plus I am getting a bigger cage, hopefully going to build an NIC enclosure, so that has to be done first. So its still a little while off. But again, just trying to look at everything. And thank you all so far!

Latest posts

Back