Roxy was spayed yesterday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pherber12

Reaction score
Roxy was spayed yesterday. We picked her up from the vet about 3 hours ago and she's acting like she normally does. I was actually surprised when I first saw her because I assumed she would look drowsy and hunched over, but she looked like she normally does.

She's pooped a little and she's eaten her greens and a piece of banana but hasn't touched her pellets yet.

The only thing that concerns me are her stitches. She's been grooming herself and I'm afraid she'll pull out her stitches. I would have preferred the internal kind with nothing on the outside for her to grab on to but it never occurred to me to ask what kind of stitches they would use.

If I notice her paying attention to them I try and distract her, but I can't watch her 24/7.

Is she more likely to pull them out during the first couple days post surgery or later in the healing process???

My doe Suki who I expected with no doubt would pull out her stitches didn't so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hope she continues with her brilliant recovery.

Everything has been going so well with her spay I just expect something like this to happen...

paul2641 wrote:
My doe Suki who I expected with no doubt would pull out her stitches didn't so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hope she continues with her brilliant recovery.

I think the vet lied to me... she wasn't really spayed...

She's currently flopped on her side without a care in the world... and I just saw her do a huge stretch -- I don't know about you, but if I'd had major surgery to remove my reproductive organs I wouldn't be moving around too much, especially not to move my stomach muscles....

:rofl:they do it to remind us how superior bunnies are - could hardly move for days after i had the human equivalent, whereas my roxy - stretching and standing up in her hutch the next day:rollseyes

quite true. i remember how rough my mother looked after she had it done..

evil bunnies -- must be something with the name roxy. this morning when i opened the door to give her more greens she tried to make a break for it.

hartleybun wrote:
:rofl:they do it to remind us how superior bunnies are - could hardly move for days after i had the human equivalent, whereas my roxy - stretching and standing up in her hutch the next day:rollseyes

pherber12 wrote:
evil bunnies -- must be something with the name roxy. this morning when i opened the door to give her more greens she tried to make a break for it.
my little roxy - whose innocent face is my avatar - opened the door of her new boyfriend's hutch when he was recovering from his neutering. previously she had chewed a hole in the door from the bunnery to the garden to get to him. she also has our choc labs wrapped around her little paw. recently i started building a small rockery in the garden - she threw all the stones i'd arranged out of the way and is now using thearea as a chillout zone. cute;)

Back