Adult pellets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xxviroxx1

Reaction score
So I've been feeding simba a small amount of junoir burgess hill pellets unlimited hay and a bowl of greens daily I give him min pellets as he's more interested in hay and his green, I've bought a bag of adult burgess as on sale, do I give him that when the junoir runs out? Or do I need to mix I have no idea thought best to check? Thanks in advance xxx

It's best to transition pellets when switching brand or type. Around 6-7 months of age is when pellets can be transitioned from juvenile (alfalfa-based) to adult (timothy-based) pellets.

To transition, mix one part of the new pellets with 3 parts of the current pellets. Feed that for a couple/few days. Then increase the portion of the new pellets by mixing equal parts of each together. Again, feed that for a couple/few days. The last mix can be about 3 parts of the new to 1 part of the junior pellets.

By gradually increasing the proportion of the newer pellets to the older, bunny gets to gradually get used to the newer, adult version of the pellets.

Some rabbits may do fine with a 'cold turkey' switch. But it is easier on their gut to transition.

Thank you he's coming to 6 months or is, it's give or take with simba as was purchased from a pet shop

Latest posts

Back