What a male should look like after being neutered

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiabia0

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of soon after being neutered? I just wanna make sure Alfred looks normal and isn't swollen or anything.

They might be a bit swollen, possibly a bit lopsided, a bit red. All mine have looked a bit different from each other, but none have had any problems.

There shouldn't be any fresh blood, or puss.

How does your guy look?

My 5month olds all shrivelled back really quickly.

Ha. He won't let me take a picture, he's more worried about sniffing the entertainment center. I'll get a picture in a bit and post it. To me it looks normal; similar to Dawn's image but it's light pink instead.

Not sure if this useful, but you can see that Dawn's bun is dark furred, which means the skin pigment is darker. So if your bun is lighter colour, then the skin will be pinker, so that's normal :)

Yup, just what Flashy said! Zeke is a castor, a dark skinned bunny. But if he had white fur or a fur colour that comes with light skin, his would have been much lighter.

If you bun looks like Zeke but just a lighter colour, then I wouldn't worry! He should be healed in no time.

Almost all of my neuters have come home and acted like nothing has happened. They still got pain meds, but they acted like they never had an operation!

--Dawn

i couldn't even tell that something had happened to nemo after he got neutered. there was a shaved patch on his tummy that looked like a DITCH because of all the fur around it that was so long, which cracked me up. i could see his pink skin. and then there was the deflated...well you know. haha. no incision marks that i could see or blood or pus.

the vet told me about an hour after surgery, he was up and trying to break out of his box like his normal devil self!

ohhh wellll....

tracy and nemo

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=wObnMJNYoSo[/ame]

Exotic vet shows and discusses post neuter bunny, here. Very informative. Not icky.

The video wasn't bad. Alfred looks normal. Hah, Just goofy because the scrotum is deflated looking. I let Alf out with Cinnabun for 2 minutes today to make sure they'd still get along and what do you know he mounts her :disgust:Horn ball.

Flick wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wObnMJNYoSo

Exotic vet shows and discusses post neuter bunny, here. Very informative. Not icky.

AWESOME video! When my bun was neutured last month i spent endless hours on the internet to find something like this. I didnt find much... i just hoped that he was recovering well, his only problem was the scrotum was swollen for 3 days... otherwise based on that video my bun recovered great.

I will flip Marlin over on his back tomorrow and get a clear picture of his fresh "neuter", hehehe! He just got neutered today ;).

I am not even going to attempt to flip Brody (also neutered today)...he doesn't even like to be held.

tiabia0 wrote:
I let Alf out with Cinnabun for 2 minutes today to make sure they'd still get along and what do you know he mounts her :disgust:Horn ball.

I knowdogs/cats can still run the risk of being"loaded" for a timeframe after they are neutered.

Are rabbits the same way?

Males can still make an unspayed female pregnant for up to 6-7 weeks after a neuter.I don't trust mine until after 8 because it's not worth the risk.

Yep, I sure hope Cinnabun is spayed :?!

I've been lazy today, so I didn't get around to taking pictures of Marlin's "area" yet. I will later though and probably post the pictures tomorrow!

tiabia0 wrote:
Don't worry, Cinnabun is spayed! ;)

LOL - no worries then! I didn't know one way or another, but could just imagine (if she wasnt) your suprise in about a months time.

:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back