Meet Moby!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Moby_

Reaction score
Moby is a twelve week old Netherland Dwarf. I have had him for almost three weeks now. I spend a lot of time with him and he seems very comfortable around me - however he is still shy being pet (except for when he is eating)!

He will binky away from me when I try to pet him, so maybe he is just being playful?

Thanks for welcoming Moby (and me), I'm excited to share and learn from you all!

10.19.JPG

IMG_2209.jpg

Welcome!

He looks very at ease and comfortable with those back legs outstretched. Buns only do that if they are content. :)

I agree...

Hello to you and Moby and welcome im new here to and also have a netherland dwarf. Moby looks very cute.:wiggle

Most rabbits don't like much to be petted. They generally accept it better when you pet their nose / crown of the head as submissive rabbits will groom that area for the top rabbit of the warren as a sign of allegiance. It depends on the rabbit - my doe kinda likes to be petted a bit and accept to be carried while my buck will flee if you attempt to pet him without having some sort of treat in your hand and freeze (not in a good way ^^) if his paws leave the ground.

We had a Checkered Giant that was a lap bunny and loved to be rubbed and petted--the only one out of 37 that was that way and she took up your whole lap at almost 20 pounds. Each one is different for sure. Moby is definitely a cutie and comfy in his environ.

My Mini Rex doe and I have been close since she was 9 weeks old. As we have both aged we have continued to bond more closely. We are together 24/7/365 because I am retired. She loves full body scratching, massaging and petting. She closes her eyes and looks so peaceful and dreamy. She is very feminine and affectionate. I guess I am just lucky. She tolerates being picked up when absolutely necessary, but prefers her human to be on the floor with her. We have futon mattresses on the floor in my bedroom, living room, and in her room. They are for my old slender body that aches when on the hard floor.☻☺

Most rabbits don't like much to be petted. They generally accept it better when you pet their nose / crown of the head as submissive rabbits will groom that area for the top rabbit of the warren as a sign of allegiance. It depends on the rabbit - my doe kinda likes to be petted a bit and accept to be carried while my buck will flee if you attempt to pet him without having some sort of treat in your hand and freeze (not in a good way ^^) if his paws leave the ground.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back