Shedding for MONTHS!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

47Codster

Cody CoCo Bean Tam
Reaction score
Help!!! I have a rabbit named Cody and he is the most loveable little guy. He's eating normally, exercising normally, and loves to binky around and then lie down with me infront of the tv. Only problem is, he's been shedding for the last 5-6 months! He is about 2.5 years old and is a lagamorph dwarf rabbit. He's been neutered and is a very sweet little guy. We regularly comb his fur and cut his nails (a pampering he seems to enjoy).

Can anyone tell me if theres something wrong with him? We feed him a nice mix of veggies such as arugula, cilantro, spring mix greens, and once or twice a week, he gets a little treat of fruits (not too much since it's so sugary). We aren't sure if theres something he is missing in his diet or if he's just indecisive of wether he is too warm or cold. Our house temperature is maintained so he shouldn't be uncomfortable. Any suggestions, fellow rabbit lovers??? =)

THanks!!!

Does he get hay or pellets at all? I know some rabbits shed differently to others and can through more of a continual shed than a short one.

He has an unlimited supply of hay that he loves to pick through and spread all over the place. =) Sometimes he'll then tidy it back up and push it all back into the corner. It's absolutely adorable.

In the mornings sometimes, my parents will give him a small amount of pellets (enough to fit on a regular sized spoon) cause my vet had informed me that pellets are not actually needed once they grow older?? It's a regular feeding so we aren't mixing his eating habits up because I know rabbits are quite sensitive.

Is there any advice you can offer? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong? =P I love my rabbit and i do a lotta research. I'm always happy to listen to anyone with some advice.

Thanks!!

My rabbits shed all year round! All rabbits shed at different times and take as long as they need, my rabbit starts shedding in June and finishes around September, but my other rabbit start shedding in April and finishes in October. I'm sure it's fine

Latest posts

Back