Injured rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleyann13

Reaction score
So flash got a little hurt today, I was lifting a chair forward and at the last minute she ran where I was tipping the chair. As soon as I seen she was crunched a little I released the chair and she ran out. Her back right leg was a little lazy and she quickly layed down. I called the vet right away and ask if I can come no appointment, they said yes we will be waiting. Upon arrival they took her to the back and placed me in a room, they came in and said she's moving fine and hopping good. Vet did an exam to see if any bones were broken she said no sign of swelling, her legs moved good and no reaction to the back test. She said tomorrow if their is any sign of pain I can come in for pain killers. Ever since we've been home ( all this happened around 5pm) she hasn't eaten or drank, she eats a few hay straws here and there. All she's been doing is laying down and every 10 minutes changes positions, she moves in the cage okay but when she tried to lick her back I think she struggles a little. Any idea how long this may take to feel better? I've been crying my eyes out telling her how sorry I am. I just want my little baby to be okay!

And how do I tell if she's straining to go to the bathroom, when she used her little her back legs looked a little funny

She might not be eating from the stress of going to the vet or because she is in pain. I would call the vet back and get the pain medicine.

Hope she feels better soon!:bouquet:

She might be bruised and in pain, but not seriously injured. If over the next few days her usage of her leg still looks off to you, I'd go to a different rabbit vet and get a second opinion. Or at least call around your local vets, explain everything, and ask if they have any suspicions about what it might be since no bones were broken.

She's the only exotic vet in my town the next one would be about 4 hours away, I do know she's very knowledgable about rabbits and other small pets. And her legs look a little funny only when she uses her litter box, maybe it was the way she used it...I don't know I'm just so sad that this happened maybe I'm over reacting!

It sounds like your rabbit is in pain and needs pain meds. Rabbits will often not want to eat much when they experience pain, and not eating isn't good. You need to get her pain meds asap. Meloxicam is most often given to rabbits for pain, though if the meloxicam doesn't control the pain, something stronger may be needed. And you need to ensure she is eating and drinking. The pain meds will help with this, but you may also need to start syringe feeding if she won't eat very much on her own.

She's starting to eat a little but now she ate a piece of banana, ate approximately a cut of her leafy greens and a bit of pellets, and she nibbles in the hay also

Sorry about your rabbit tell the vet about him not eating and they may prescribe some medication hope he gets better

Latest posts

Back