bunny driving me nuts!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyusa

Reaction score
My bun was an outdoor bun most of her life. Nowthat I've moved, I decided to keep her as an inside bunny and let herrun around my room, but sleep in her cage.

Cloey is much happier, but she's driving me nuts because of theconstant gnawing on her cage door and wanting out when its time to goto sleep. If I let her out all night, she leaves me lot of 'surprises'(and pee) all over my room and on anything loose on the floor. Plus, Ican't supervise her and the kitten when I'm sleeping. (we live in aloft so the walls are only 8ft high and no ceiling so the darn cat caneasily get in while i sleep). How can I keep Cloey from loudly gnawingand gnawing while I'm trying to sleep?!?!? :X:X

Emmit used to do that a lot too. Now wemake sure he has toys or apple sticks to munch on. Also, Imake sure his food bowl and timothy hay are completely filled beforebed. If all else fails and he wakes us up around 4 am, then ijust go over and pet him for a little while to make himhappy. He just wants some attention and love anyway, so thatseems to quite him until we wake up later. Hope this helps.

Greetings bunnyusa,

I've been there. Tucker's room is just in the next room, but I can seehis cage from my bed. He used to rattle that cage like there was notomorrow at 6 a.m. when I'd usually feed him on weekdays. When theweekends come, I am off duty. No Way am I going to get up to feed him.He could wait.

He has everything in his cage to keep him quiet, just like a baby. Ifhe gets bored, he's got something to do between apple wood, a rattle, aSlinky, his bed, his nestbox, his stuffed animals, his timothy hay,water and litterbox.

He was going to have to learn that breakfast is when I get out of bed,not when he demands it - and he did. I'd pretend to be asleep and he'dgive up. Instead of rattling the cage, I hear him chewing away on hisapple wood. It's good for his teeth and that's usually when he does itthe most is early in the morning.

He now knows that when I sleep late, once the door open for breakfast,it stays open. The minute he runs down that ramp, he hits the floor anddoes 5 tail shakes in the air on one jump. He Loves Weekends! :)

-Carolyn

Spoiled Tucker Bucker! You said Tucker's room, does that mean he has his own? lol.

There you go again Carolyn, trying to convince us that Tucker ever wasa brat, you're not fooling anyone! :pWe know that Tuckerwould never in a million years disturb you, he's so patient, sweet, andkind hearted. Don't try to make us think otherwise. He he.

I don't know how you can ignore the racket they make. My bunnies areoutside in my backyard, my parents room is on the second floor and notthat close to the cage. When the windows are closed, you can still hearthem makinga racket and throwing there toys and dishesaround. They've woken me up when I slept in there.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

Carolyn wrote:
Greetings bunnyusa,

I've been there. Tucker's room is just in the next room, but I can seehis cage from my bed. He used to rattle that cage like there was notomorrow at 6 a.m. when I'd usually feed him on weekdays. When theweekends come, I am off duty. No Way am I going to get up to feed him.He could wait.

He has everything in his cage to keep him quiet, just like a baby. Ifhe gets bored, he's got something to do between apple wood, a rattle, aSlinky, his bed, his nestbox, his stuffed animals, his timothy hay,water and litterbox.

He was going to have to learn that breakfast is when I get out of bed,not when he demands it - and he did. I'd pretend to be asleep and he'dgive up. Instead of rattling the cage, I hear him chewing away on hisapple wood. It's good for his teeth and that's usually when he does itthe most is early in the morning.

He now knows that when I sleep late, once the door open for breakfast,it stays open. The minute he runs down that ramp, he hits the floor anddoes 5 tail shakes in the air on one jump. He Loves Weekends! :)

-Carolyn
HI! Carolyn

My Pepper has things in his cage to keep him quiet,but my littlestinker likes to chew on his cage every morning to wake us up and lethim out to run.My husband likes to put his cage in our bedroom when wego to bed(how spoiled)that's why we can hear him chewing at his cage,hechews on his cage enough so that we can hear him.I told my husband weshould put his cage in another room so he doesn't wake us upin the morning with his chewing noise,but I give in and let my husbandput his cage in our bedroom.What a life of luxury for our Pepper.

MyBunnyBoys,

*laughs*

I'd wake up with his banging. Yes, banging. Not only would he chew thecage, but he'd kick the sides of it. He was a baaaaaad boy, but I justpretended I didn't hear him.

Pepper,

Don't reward bad behavior.

Good Luck!

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
MyBunnyBoys,

*laughs*

I'd wake up with his banging. Yes, banging. Not only would he chew thecage, but he'd kick the sides of it. He was a baaaaaad boy, but I justpretended I didn't hear him.
Sure sure! I will NEVER believe Tucker Bucker was a bad boy, and no oneelse will either. You might want to stop before we send Dr. Pepper tofigure out why you're lying about your sweet little Tucker.:p;)

Laura, Mocha, & Spice

Carolyn wrote:
MyBunnyBoys,

*laughs*

Pepper,

Don't reward bad behavior.

Good Luck!

-Carolyn
It's hard to say no to that sweet innocent look of his.

Latest posts

Back