I need advice!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newtothis

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm really stuck on a certain situation. My family is going away this weekend and they want me to come with. However, I won't be able to bring my rabbit. I really want to go but I don't want to leave him alone either, and I have no one to watch him.. I feel like if I leave him with enough food he'll just eat it all what once. Has anyone ever been in this situation? What should I do? Please help.

I personally wouldnt go unless I could get someone to at least stop and check on the bun twice a day.
If family&friends aren't an option can you call your veterinarian and see if they know any pet sitters? Or perhaps on a local FB page seeing if anyone would be interested that you would be comfortable with?

I agree with the comment above. I wouldn't leave your bun alone if there is no one to check on him at all.

I honestly see no issue leaving him. Its not like youre leaving a human child home alone all weekend.
Give him an extra water bottle or 2. Extra hay snd pellets. Ive left rabbits nd numerous other animals for a weekend no issue.

I honestly see no issue leaving him. Its not like youre leaving a human child home alone all weekend.
Give him an extra water bottle or 2. Extra hay snd pellets. Ive left rabbits nd numerous other animals for a weekend no issue.

I thought about that at first. I'm just scared.

I have left Bandit alone, but never for more than 1 night, so I would leave early the first day, and return late the second so it's about 36 hours. I'm not comfortable leaving him any longer (and I still worry a lot leaving him just the one night). I always give him a second water bowl, I give him lots of extra hay and give him his normal serve of pellets before I leave in addition to a serve of fresh greens. I had given some pellets in a treat ball to last him a little longer, but then it always ended up in one of the water bowls so I don't do that anymore. I'm personally not comfortable leaving him longer than that, because if he suddenly gets ill, he can go downhill very quickly.

I could never allow my buns to be alone ;--; no matter the circumstance unless you had a petsitter or a family member that you would trust to come into your house to feed and give them hay.

I don't want to take any chances, so I'm pretty sure I'll be staying home and spending time with him. Thanks for your advice everyone!

Latest posts

Back