A few general question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James2614

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, I'm after a little advice.

Here's some background, I work away so can't be there for the 14 days at a time and my other half works a full time job. Each morning when I'm away she gives them pellets and a lot of hay and they get let out most nights for a bit so they can have grass and she gives them a treat or two and some fresh veggies.

We have two female bunnies around a year old, spayed and they're separate. They're very well cared for and have a decent diet as I've said;

I'd like to start giving them some fresh veg daily but don't want to give them the same stuff, do any of you have a veg schedule I could use?

What can we do for them to keep them entertained when in their hutch all day when I'm away?

They've become more friendly the last few months as we've been spending more time with them, I'm very happy with how they're cared for I'd just love to do a little more.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
James

To keep my buns entertained during the day I provide lots of toys, plenty of hay and if the weather is suitable and someone is home, they are allowed into the outdoor playpens.

The toys I give them usually include cat jingle balls, toilet paper rolls stuffed with hay, cardboard boxes both empty and hay filled, newspaper to shred, wooden chews, bells, rolling toys, hanging ones, willow sticks and a favourite of one of my girls is plastic baby keys. They keep her entertained for ages - she loves nothing more than throwing them around the cage. I try to mix it up as often as possible. When they lose interest in a toy, I'll swap it with another one and have a toy rotation.

I don't usually give my buns different greens each day. It's almost always just romaine lettuce, a little bit of parsley, kale and a tiny bit of carrot. Once a week I sometimes give them a little bit of banana :)

Hope I helped!

That's very helpful thanks, they do love hay filled tubes! I'd be worried giving them plastic baby keys but I guess they're ok with them?

I'd give my bun romaine for either breakfast or dinner daily, cilantro and endive mon, wed, fri alternating between breakfast and dinner, escarole and dandelion greens tues, Thurs and sat alternating between b&d, parsley Friday nights and a combo of whatever was left on Sunday's. Plus a papaya pill that Bo went bonkers for!
Have you thought of bonding the two so they can keep one another company during the day???
Plastic baby keys are fine if it's the hard plastic and not a choking hazard!

Latest posts

Back