New cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lover4daisy

Reaction score
Daisy is going to be in a new cage soon, and there is grass all around. And I was wondering. Will she over eat? I heard of horses eating themselves to deth, and I dont know if rabbits cam. Please help. And while I am at it. Here is a picture of Daisy.

I can't see the picture. Good question about the grass...it depends. Many rabbits can self regulate their eating behavior, but some can't. You may want to watch her after she's in her new cage.

I wouldnt worry too much about eating too much grass. I would worry more about eating too much vegetables, fruit or pellets, they are the real killers. Small amounts of these are fine if they dont upset your rabbit's belly. Being in a cage on the grass, there is only so much your bunny will be able to eat from the ground around her anyway so I don't think she will over eat. Its great that she will have access to fresh grass!

You may want to gradually get her used to having grass in her diet, if she doesn't already eat it each day, as sudden introduction of grass can sometimes cause mushy poop and digestive upset. So it would be good to start off giving her a little bit each day and see how she does on it. If her poops stay normal, then you can gradually start increasing the amount.

Latest posts

Back