What you think of my idea?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumperina

Reaction score
I need a temporary housing for my 3 rabbits to keep them outside overnight. Usually they went into garage to spend a night, but it's now too hot in garage without air-conditioning.
I can't afford a good quality outdoor hutch at this time so I came up with the simple idea (well, it seems simple for far)
I want to find a large sturdy wooden rectangular table in a thrift store. Attach wood pieces to connect legs on the bottom. Cover 3 vertical walls with hardware cloth. Leave one side open for them to come in and out. I don't want to make a small door as I suspect it would be hard to get them in when it's time. I need to use something completely removable that would be a "door" or a wall at night but could be completely removed during the day (they live in the yard during the day). Not sure yet what it could be.
I plan to have no bottom for now; if it turns out nice than we could think about making a bottom later. I can place it on the cement patio to prevent digging and throw a rug inside for them to lie on (and provide litter box). We don't have any predators passing by at night but I can't completely rule this possibility out of course.
I want the construction to be simple (no ability for a complicated hutch)
What do you think? is it worth it or not?

sounds like an excellent innovative idea. :) Seriously.. I love it. :) In case you DO have predators, grade up from the hardware cloth to proper cage wire, making the spacing one inch to prevent critters reaching in and causing damage.

Latest posts

Back