Growing greens inside

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberNikSee

Reaction score
Does anyone have planters indoors for their buns? Either on the ground where buns can get to or in places they cannot. I'd like to grow some bun food but it needs to be indoors since the wildlife eats everything outside.

If I find anything out elsewhere I'll be sure to post it here!

I want to grow some inside as well and will maybe grow grass Haha then go onto more/kinda challenging items such as herbs basically work my way up :)

I'm currently growing grass inside in an old litter box so I can place it on the ground for my bun to eat. I haven't grown anything else inside but I think all you'd need is a plant box of some sort placed on a mat so nothing spills over and just use it like an outside garden. Maybe place it in a sun room so it'll get a good amount of sun. Sorry if this was brief but I'm sure there's a wikihow explaining how to do it!! :)

Well I have bought an assortment of green seeds: wheatgrass, Italian parsley, cilantro, fennel, arugula, chard, kale, Bibb lettuce, and peas.
Haven't figured out exactly what it is I'm going to plant them in but contemplating one of those little plastic pools and planting all together or using the black planter trays and having it drain into an under the bed tote. Just not sure!
Is anyone else having luck with their planting for buns?

Cat grass and wheat grass are easily grown in well draining troughs inside. I have two small troughs that sit high up on a window sill until it gets nice and thick, then I let the rabbit devour his and the rats usually just dig in the dirt!

Latest posts

Back