Changing litter how often

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdrinkwater

Reaction score
How often do you change your bunnies litter? I have two baby bunnies and change it every day but I'm going to go through a lot of litter if I do that. What do you all do?

How long the litter lasts depends on the litter used and the size of the pan (and how many bunnies!)

I use a large litter pan with wood pellets for litter. I top it with hay twice per day. I only need to change twice per week and there is no smell in between changings. (I have 2 rabbits.)

Here is how I do it:

litter set up.jpg

I use aspen wood shavings and I change it every 1-2 days because I have 2 buns and they do a lot of pees! Hope I helped XOXO Chester&Blue

I use wood shavings and change it every 3 days. I put a nice thick layer of shavings so the pee goes to the bottom and it is very adsorbent. If you don't have many bunnies I would use something like carefree litter I use to use it and found it great but with the amount of rabbits i have it is easier just to use shavings :)

Back