RabbitsOnline Decal Giveaway!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great decal! How about putting it on a coffee mug? Perhaps with another contest where pix of a member's bunny is used on the mug too? One side bunny pic, other side RO logo from the decal. Or key rings?

Got my decals in the mail & went straight to my car & put one on my rear bumper. The 1st & only bumper sticker on my car :). I'm saving the other one in case the first gets too raggedy.

They really turned out lovely! I love the blue & green colors. Thanks RO for sending them to me!

Strictly speaking, a "decal" (short for "decalcomania", which sounds like a disease) is something printed and stuck by an adhesive onto a backing, usually paper. You transfer the decal to another surface by soaking it off the backing with a solvent (usually water), which softens the adhesive. When you stick the decal on a window or something, as the decal dries the adhesive re-hardens to make a permanent bond.

Back in the dark ages, when dinosaurs walked the earth and I was a kid making plastic model airplanes, each airplane kit came with a sheet of decals which you'd soak off one at a time and attempt to stick on the airplane in an appropriate place. They nearly always wound up folded or with bubbles or stuck on crooked, but we thought they looked cool.

In recent years plastic labels have become available which stick on windows or other very smooth surfaces using molecular adhesion, rather than glue. They're not decals, but some people still call them "decals".

Again, strictly speaking, the distinction between stickers and decals is that stickers are self-adhesive. You peel the sticker off a backing mechanically and stick it on something using the adhesive on the sticker without using a solvent. Once again, many people call vinyl self-adhesive stickers "decals", even though they're not.

ROTFL

OMG I'm laughing so much now.. I do remember the decal thing, I had some experience with it too, and just like you said, it was a bit of a mess to make it right, it always ended up crooked (at least) but we had to think it was cool, after all, that was how it was going to be.. hahah thanks for telling your story about sticking decals to plastic model airplanes (my brother did that too)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back