Hi, new here...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumbunny

Reaction score
Hello, and thanks for this newly found wealth of information. Although, it seems I may be getting more confused as my knowledge base increases. So many questions that it could get annoying! Though as a soon to be first time owner, and a big fan of adopting pets from rescues when at all possible- I need some help!

Went to a rescue today. Hung out with two potential family members.

1. Male mini rex, 2 1/2 years old, had never lived indoors before getting to the rescue. Seemed to like? Not mind? Tolerate? Being held by rescue worker, but understandably hid behind a chair when not being held. Shed a seemingly unbelievable amount during this whole process.

2. Netherland dwarf female, about a year old. Clearly hated being held, but after a short time behind a chair, hopped around, and let herself be petted while hanging out behind the chair

Both are fixed, both are amazing, and either would be an spoiled indoor pet. Are there pros/cons to the above situations? I very much appreciate your thoughts and experience...

Best,
A

I am partial to mini Rex rabbits and usually they have great personalities. I've heard the dwarf breeds are skittish with major attitude. Also I find that you can hardly tell their true nature in the shelter. After a few weeks in their new home they settle in, get comfortable and show you who they really are. I'm sure either one will make you happy. And good for you for rescuing!

Latest posts

Back