Dying rabbits hair??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those photos make me want to cry. That poor bunny should not have his fur dyed. That tiny cage is a sad small prison. And there's no hay anywhere to be seen. Why are people so ignorant.

Me too. I hate seeing him in that small cage too. I'm thinking about getting him, just to get him out of that situation.

Yeah, everything is wrong about those photos. The dye, the food, the cage... everything. Taking the bunny will remove him from an abusive situation, but I wouldn't pay for it - people who do that kind of things to their pets shouldn't get any money out of them. Besides, there is no telling what his health is like. I would be less worried about the dye than about potential dental problems considering he doesn't have hay. Pododermatitis is a real possibility too considering how small and unsuitable his cage is. If it's not too far away, it might be worth it to go take a look to assess the health of the bunny and discuss with the current owner.

I'm guessing he certainly isn't fixed (probably was an Easter gift bought cheap and young). Just another consideration if you plan to bond him. Poor thing.

I know, she wanted $40 for her. Initially, I messaged her and told her I'd give her $25 for her (only because I was worried if I didn't offer at least something, that I wouldn't get a response). She wrote me back and said she's in Huntsville (about 1.5 hours away from me) and told me she was "big and healthy". I had to fight back the want to tell her just how unhealthy I thought she probably was, but again, didn't want to upset her and get turned away. When I told my husband about it, he got upset and said that he didn't feel comfortable with giving this woman any money and he decided to respond to her ad himself. He went just told her that he couldn't give her $40 for her, but that we could offer her a great home, with free roam, hay (and told her it was very important for a rabbit to have hay), and alot of love and attention. We haven't heard back yet.

I showed my boyfriend this picture and he threatened to steal the rabbit if it were within driving distance of us. :p (He was joking, but he was so sad about it). Keep us updated as to what happens!

Lol. I wish I could do the same. It's sad, because the owner really has no clue that she's done anything wrong. I think she thinks she can get more money for him because he is dyed. She has no clue that she's doing anything wrong. But if you are going to get a rabbit, or any new Animal for that matter, you need to do your research. She still hasn't gotten back to me. I hope there are other people that saw it and tried to get him out of there too.

My two are rescues too- one was in a closet left to starve to death (there were 111 rabbits in a trailer, so she wasn't alone in the closet. Some were put in freezers alive and left to freeze, so she was actually lucky). My other has no official backstory (random night drop off) but he had burned whiskers, literally never had touched carpet before and is STILL skittish and afraid of people for the most part. They were both on euthanasia lists for being aggressive but my female (the one who was left to starve) is SO friendly now. <3

We still haven't heard back from her. I'm kind of wanting to message her one last time and just tell her, in the nicest way possible, that if no one else buys her that I would like to have her because that bunny should never be in a cage that small and explain how important it is that she have unlimited access to hay and should also have veggies I'm her diet.

Maybe say that and end it with that the bunny could have a number of health issues and could possibly die. Then offer to take her again.

Do y'all think that is a good idea?

No I would just keep it simple and say you will take the rabbit and give her the asking price. You can't save them all and you can't change every ignorant person out there.

Ok. I haven't gotten a response from her. I just plan on waiting a few days and if the bunny is still there, going and getting her. If I can help an animal in need, I always do. Even if it's taking them in temporarily until I can find them a good home. I'm one of those people where if I don't, it will weigh on my heart for forever.

i hope you have noticed there is no poop or pee in the cage. The rabbit could merely have been confined in the cage in order to take a good picture of him. There are different bowls in with him/her and what not. His/her life might not be as bad as some of you are supposing.

i hope you can take the poor bunny :( this is awful! when will people ever learn that rabbits are NOT toys!!
keep us updated!

Latest posts

Back