Update on baby buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swarning1222

Reaction score
Since people have asked, I've been posting for days now worrying about my accidental litter of babies. First the momma wasn't feeding them for a couple days, then she did and I had one that was in really rough shape for a while and not getting enough to eat. I'm happy to say I haven't had to help with a feeding since yesterday morning, and this morning he looks SOO much better!! 😁 he is the little gray one. View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1429371709.633599.jpg

And Id say we all bonded greatly today, I read to start handling them all to get them to be really friendly, so I decided they old enough to start holding them for a minute or two, well I must have caught them after feeding time cuz I got peed on by every single last one of them haha. I also have one that is always tucked way deep down sound asleep, I've checked on him but he's always very bothered by me so I haven't taken him completely out of the box, well today I decided to and he is the fattest little thing I have ever seen 🙊😍 he's twice the size of the others, no wonder why he's always asleep lol
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1429371793.558711.jpg

Thank you everyone for your advice, this site is great. Also if anyone has any advice on switching over the nest box I would appreciate it! They are 9 days old now. Just the bottom is starting to get pretty dirty. I'm not sure if I should move the fur that they are in. There's not pee on it but it's full of little poops. Most of the time when I check on them they're not in it anyways. I was thinking just a bigger box with one of those little cheap fleece blankets. Not the real fleecy ones they can get they're claws stuck in, I wanna say it's cotton just made to look softer.

Once they open their eyes, usually between 10-14 days, they start venturing out of the box. You could go ahead and switch out whatever hay is in the box that's dirty and keep the hair that's clean and re use it.

Latest posts

Back