Two Questions......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lover4daisy

Reaction score
Hello! I have two questions..... And I did not want to post them in two different areas.....

What type of wood is the best for building a rabbit hutch?

What type of treats, other than carrots, celery, parsley, etc.. do you feed your rabbits? :rabbithop

My bunnies' favourite treats are apple chunks, carrot, grapes, and Oxbow treats. :)

We give our rabbits kitchen scraps and they pick through them and compete with the chickens to select their favourite items.
They have a particular preference for apples, bread/toast, broccoli and lettuce.
We also give them handfuls of grasses and they like Wandering Jew, which is sometimes thrown in the mix.

We built our hutch out of pine wood. They have been chewing the corners a bit, but no problems so far. I give my rabbits dried papaya chunks for treats. They go crazy for them. :happyrabbit:

We built our hutch out of pine wood. They have been chewing the corners a bit, but no problems so far. I give my rabbits dried papaya chunks for treats. They go crazy for them.

Bville, I tried the dried Papaya and also found that they loved it as a treat.
By the way, can you please tell me what breed of rabbit that is in your avatar?

Bville, I tried the dried Papaya and also found that they loved it as a treat.
By the way, can you please tell me what breed of rabbit that is in your avatar?

Smokey is my avatar. He is a mixed breed, no pedigree. I didn't get much information from the pet store where I bought him, but I think he is a mix of lionhead and Netherland dwarf. I think his coloring is called Siamese sable.

Latest posts

Back