Netherlands

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ashleigh!

I am in Hoofddorp, near Schiphol airport. I am Canadian so Dutch is not my first language but I am learning (though not as quickly as I'd like! Lol).

I´m American living outside of Karlsruhe, Germany since Jan 98. From California originally.

Hello, i live in Netherland, Den Haag! I have an angora rabbit for 1year and 6 months ! At the end of March, he stopped eating and my doctor said he had tangles of fur in the stomach ! After 3 days of treatment he was well ,he was returned to normal , it was really good! Last week Friday stopped eating again, I stopped give him granules thinking that he has the same problem and i hoped that he will eat more haye, but he didn't ! Monday i took him to the doctor and he said that he doesn't have tangles of fur this time but has the back teeth a bit sharp and he have to anesthetize him to short them ! At the doctor's recommendation I gave 0.8 mg of carprofen for pain two times at day and I forcely feed him with the syringe critical care every hour until yesterday afternoon ! I stopped feed him with the syringe because when he doesn't like at all he 'grinding his teeth and trembles ! Hay does not want to eat, just some salad and i gave him a few granules ! When he's eating i have the impression that he has no longer his back teeth or that he will drop his food , i gues that he has pain when he eats, i do not know what I could do to force him to eat hay ! he pooped fur , sometimes soft and sometimes hard but however he didn't pooped to much just a little bit ! Please give me some advice because I am desperate , I would do anything to see him well again ! Thank so much! Elena

Just to clarify, did he have the procedure to file down his back teeth? I don't have any experience with tooth problems with my rabbits, but hopefully someone else can answer and help you with that. I think you need to keep syringe feeding the critical care (even if he doesn't like it) until he is eating on his own. Rabbits need to keep eating to keep their gut moving.

Last edited:
hello, thank you very much for your answer ! I've been today with him to another doctor, the teeth that the other doctor polished him they are looking quite well, he made him am radiography to his stomach but it 's everything very well! but he still doesn't want to eat:(:(:( i don't know where is the problem! i've searched on internet but i didn't find anything to help me:(

Latest posts

Back