my rabbits too bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovemybunny

Reaction score
hi
my rabbit just seems to sit in her cage and do nothing all day long,and then when we come out to feed her she always tries to jump out andget to the big food container before I have time to get her food dishout of her cage and fill it up!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Hi,

Does she have any toys in her cage? If not, try a emptytoilet paper roll or a set of baby keys from the infants department atmost stores. Petsmart also carries rattles in the shape ofcorn or a carrot.

Do you ever bring her in the house or put her to interact with the rest of the family?

One, let her out for a few hours a day... keepingher in a cage all the time is just cruel (not saying that'swhat you do to her) Two, buy some toys for her, some chew sticks, maybe?

My bun has a ball with bells in it she likes to push around, and she has sticks she loves to chew on.

Hi Ilovemybunny,

Rabbits sleep during the daytime and are most active and energetic atdawn and dusk. Your rabbit may not be bored at all, but doing whatrabbits do.

As the others suggested, you could put toys down in the cage, have apiece of wood in there for healthy teeth and chew when she does getbored, put timothy hay in a hay rack for her to nibble on, and alwayshave fresh water. She'll have all that to do, and I bet she'll justrelax all day long still.

As to when she's trying to get out of the cage, pure and simple--shewants out. She's ready to stretch her legs. I wouldn't be surprised ifit's her way of rushing you along to get that food to her.

Some rabbits don't like to go to the bathroom in their cages if theycan avoid it. My rabbit will push to get out and then beat feet to thelitterbox.

-Carolyn

Hungry bunnies react that way when they see theirfood coming. I have to push their heads away just to filltheir bowl.

Sounds like your bun is long overdo for some exercise. Agreewith the comments regarding sleeping during the day and the advantagesof providing toys to occupy the bunny's mind, especially, if there isno activity going on around him during the work day.

Buck

my rabbit used to get so excited when he saw hisfood coming one time he fell out of his hutch! (bless)So yeh i thinkmost rabbits react that way when they see there food coming!!
Lots n lots of luv
Lauren and Ebony
xoxox

Latest posts

Back