Endangered Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://www.albc-usa.org/

I found this in Hobby Farms Magazine, I think its wonderfull and about time, If You have trouble readingit save to my pictures and usezoom.
endangered2.jpg

How cool is that, Gypsy! :yes:

It's nice to see that Rabbits are finally making the list.

I know that the San Diego Zoo is trying desperately to save the Pygmyrabbit, at least that's what I think the rabbit is that they're tryingto save. Hopefully they have some success. I hateto see any animals go extinct - particularly lagamorphs!

-Carolyn

Mostly from Lackof interest , and theGene pool is so limited , andYes Half Pint will be breeding the Chins. I can only concentrate onthe4 I am doing now .Silver Fox, Pals ,French Lop, Flemish ,With those 4 I really have myhands full , plus there is still a lot ofbabies and adults here in thegarage that need homes . Iam almost streatched beyond capacity ,But w ill ever endure .

I was just looking at the AmericanBeverens. They are a beautiful breed and larger than Ithought - 8-12 pounds. The blue color is gorgeous.Apparantly, theyhave very plush fur.

Look at these cute babies:

blueblackbev.jpg

I'd love to see one in person. I'll have to check the shows in my area.

Laura

Wow, they are gorgeous, Laura. :inlove:

I didn't realize you were going to breed Flemish too,Gypsy. I thought you had just gotten them for pets.:)

I'll be happy to free up some cage space for you. I'll take Chaz, Miss Lilly, and Sky Rider - Thank you Very Much!

-Carolyn

HEY! YouBunnyNapper in disguise ! ,lol and here Ithought you were this cute littleperkygirl :disgust: ha! LOL .CHAZ goes no where , Sky goes No where ,and Lilly stays Put , on theflipped side I have a Husbandand Kid I will pass off !

Actually Shadow bought a Pregnant FlemishDoe from Juan while we were atStorrs, along with a Pregnant MiniRex from Roger , Guess who is kindlesitting lol .

I have so got to update the Silvers andChaz's pictures I swear thatChaz has a backside on him thesize of a barn door , He isgetting huge !.

I forgot to mention A Breeder 3 towns over is/has just gotten / getting in Beveransfor breeding ,howexciting is that .

gypsy wrote:
HEY! You BunnyNapper in disguise ! ,

:dunno: All I do is try to help. :sad:

Yes, it is exciting that Beverans are going to be bred near you!

-Carolyn

gypsy wrote:
Iforgot to mention A Breeder 3 towns over is/has just gotten / getting in Beveransfor breeding ,howexciting is that .
Ooh! Ooh! When you go a-visitin' (and I know you will :)), please, please, please take some pics for me.

The more I read, the more I WANT!!!

Laura

samandshawn wrote:
Do tou know if they are the same as the blue beveren that weget here? Bacause I used to have a cute little boy

Yes -- same breed :) We used to raise Beverens years ago(primarily blues). They are beautiful animals. Iknew a breeder who had imported some from the UK.

Of the other rare breeds, I also have a Silver, Belgian Hare and an American. Previously had a Silver Fox.

Pam

I think the reason people no longer raise themis small breeds are all the rage with fanciers these days.Some of thebreeds that are very large like flemish and beverens gain weight slowerthan new zealands and proccesors want white fur.bluebird

I'd have to look at her papers, but she is stilla junior. They are not a really large rabbit - 6- 9 1/2lbs. (larger than English Spots -- smaller than CheckeredGiants)

Pam

They are certainlybeautiful rabbits , so delicatelooking and to feel , I fell inlove with them at a show ,and have booted myself repeatedly fornot purchasing one . Maybe one day .

Latest posts

Back